Everything Video Games!

Oh man I forgot about the boats to get there. I didn't realize it was going to be so hard the first time I finally made it there so I ran out of the 5 or so lives I had. Then I got to farm lives and do it all over again! I had no reference point for Sunshine and I really enjoyed it. It had some frustrating controls and camera issues, but like I said, immediately after 64 it was hard to be too critical of them.

Have to agree on 64. Always held it as one of my favorite gaming experiences but this time through I couldn't help frequently think how much more fun it would be if I didn't accidentally fall off of things or run into things so often.

Galaxy is really really great, although I need to go back and finish it. Hard not to notice the difference when I maxed out at 99 lives after having a lot of game overs in 64 and quite a few in sunshine as well. I think you can credit the majority of those to not dying because of the controls/camera though.
I've been thinking about it, and I almost wonder if I look at Sunshine more critically than 64 simply because of how much I played each in my lifetime. I've completed 64 numerous times, and have played it regularly throughout my life. I think in that time I've unconsciously gotten used to the control issues and know how to work around them almost by instinct now. Sunshine I played a bit when it came out, but haven't since, so all of the issues are very prominent to me. I recognize a lot of the issues are the same for both games, but in some aspects they seem amplified in Sunshine.

I did get 120 Shines last night, and the last ones I collected were mostly the secret red coin shines where you go back to the platforming levels, but with the Fludd. I found these to be some of the most fun I had in the game, and was one of the high points of the game to me. I enjoyed the Fludd-less versions of these levels a lot, even if most of my deaths were due in large part from the control/depth perception issues I had throughout. Going back and going ham on the levels with the Fludd, while having the challenge of grabbing the coins and making it to the end alive (had a couple deaths from the Shine cutscene), was very satisfying, and pointed out that quick movement surprisingly made some aspects of this game easier. Things actually feel, well, more fluid (pun intended) when going quick. Anyone looking to practice the side jumps and quick traversal should seek these out early.

Looking forward to playing Galaxy again. I did complete this one when it came out, but I've forgotten most of the game. I do remember things being a big step up in the controls department, and the gravity aspect was a fun twist, I just can't remember a lot of the levels. I too remember it being much easier, and come to think of it, I had more game overs in one Mario 64 playthrough than any other 3D title.

Walmart will have PS5 and Xbox in 1 hour

3pm est.

Get your link of desired console and digital or disc version
Walmart was doing them in 10 minute batches to combat flippers. Got my buddy a series X (he's paying me back, just has had no luck) so now I won't be the only person I know irl who upgraded.

Cyberpunk is a hell of a game... No spoilers here

I was ready to go to bed last night at around 12 until someone called me for help. So I decided to go at least save at the start of that quest so I'd have direction when I played tonight, but the situation and story had me so that I felt like I needed to help them RIGHT THEN, or else I was an asshole. So next thing I know it's 2AM and I'm fully invested in this dudes life. I'm not sure what exactly I expected from this game... I guess a main story line, maybe one or two fleshed out side stories, but multiple fully scripted and voice acted characters that text you to joke around like friends and call you when they really need someones help? Like... I'm starting to feel emotions about who to help first, who to call back... should I say I'm busy? If I wait too long will they get mad?

Damn, I miss REAL human interaction.
What're you playing it on? I forget...

I totes jealous.
I planned this out before the pandemic using last years bonus. I prebuilt this machine minus a graphics card specifically so I'd be ready for Cyberpunk when it came out. I then spent two and half months from the release of the 3080 clicking notifications when they came in stock until I finally was quick enough to get one before a scalper or another hopeful like myself.

I honestly feel bad for those who are having a poor experience either on console or an older system, but I truly am loving this game. It's rewarding, fun, and surprises me often. It also happens to be the most graphically beautiful game I've ever played. Raytraced shadows and reflections are insane. It's akin to when I was a kid playing a game with beautiful hand drawn or high quality static backgrounds, only they're real and you can explore them in detail. My first playthrough is snipey/stealthy Streekid and it's been rewarding when I can pull it off. I'm looking forward to playing back through the game with different builds and making different decisions. And I have from tomorrow to the 4th off of work to really buckle down and do nothing but play video games.

I planned this out before the pandemic using last years bonus. I prebuilt this machine minus a graphics card specifically so I'd be ready for Cyberpunk when it came out. I then spent two and half months from the release of the 3080 clicking notifications when they came in stock until I finally was quick enough to get one before a scalper or another hopeful like myself.

I honestly feel bad for those who are having a poor experience either on console or an older system, but I truly am loving this game. It's rewarding, fun, and surprises me often. It also happens to be the most graphically beautiful game I've ever played. Raytraced shadows and reflections are insane. It's akin to when I was a kid playing a game with beautiful hand drawn or high quality static backgrounds, only they're real and you can explore them in detail. My first playthrough is snipey/stealthy Streekid and it's been rewarding when I can pull it off. I'm looking forward to playing back through the game with different builds and making different decisions. And I have from tomorrow to the 4th off of work to really buckle down and do nothing but play video games.
Yeah I've got the Pro and it's still just too ugly and too glitchy for me. So I'll have to wait for the proper next gen upgrade and FINDING AN ACTUAL PS5 before I dive back in. The PC looks glorious though.

I have a Nvidia 2060 with a pretty old Intel 6600 cpu.

And the game is pretty buggy on this system, too. It runs fine, but still have graphical and audio glitches.

Last night I finished Act 1 no spoilers - but that whole ending and interlude I had a card on the screen that wouldn't go away of a grenade I looted 20 minutes prior

PS5 direct in a few mins

Disc
Digital

I have a Nvidia 2060 with a pretty old Intel 6600 cpu.

And the game is pretty buggy on this system, too. It runs fine, but still have graphical and audio glitches.

Last night I finished Act 1 no spoilers - but that whole ending and interlude I had a card on the screen that wouldn't go away of a grenade I looted 20 minutes prior
I literally played the first hour from the 3 different starting points just to see, and there were more bugs than I can count. Including stuff like that, subtitles never leaving the screen etc...

So there's a seasonal Yule event in AC Valhalla, as I discovered today when I opened my game up...kind of frustrating that in order to do some of the quests, I need to have built 2 buildings in my settlement that I haven't built yet. So now I need to go find raids outside of my skill level to try to pull together enough materials to build them.

I like when games do seasonal events (hello, Animal Crossing), but damn, give me some time to progress first, I don't have 8 hours a day to sink into this thing so pardon me if I haven't finished the game yet!

Big oof :( I was thinkin about holdin out, but it's not lookin good. Guess I'll return my copy.

Feel bad for the employees who busted ass, and have to deal with the fallout from poor management.
CPR is still saying their Jan/Feb patches will help a lot, but they had no business releasing it in that state to begin with.

So there's a seasonal Yule event in AC Valhalla, as I discovered today when I opened my game up...kind of frustrating that in order to do some of the quests, I need to have built 2 buildings in my settlement that I haven't built yet. So now I need to go find raids outside of my skill level to try to pull together enough materials to build them.

I like when games do seasonal events (hello, Animal Crossing), but damn, give me some time to progress first, I don't have 8 hours a day to sink into this thing so pardon me if I haven't finished the game yet!
Heath this is what PTO is for , in addition to telling friends and family you “can’t. I will be staying in this weekend”. Let me know if you need any more life hacking tips !

Back