Everything Video Games!

I'm not much of a gamer these days but I'm interested to see how Cyberpunk 2077 turns out. I've read some interesting reviews and I'm slightly suspicious that they aren't allowing reviewers to post any game play footage.

The fact that it's first person is probably enough to put me off playing it. I would've been totally down if it was like GTA in some dystopian nightmare.
it definitely seems that CDPR doesn't want buggy footage going out before the initial patches are implemented, so they made all initial reviews use provided/approved B-Roll and images. I don't know what's worse, seeing the buggy gameplay or imagining how buggy it is based on the early reviews/impressions, because my imagination could be worse that what is actually happening with the bugs.

that said, I pre-ordered it (on Stadia, so we'll see how that turns out in a day or two) and I am very excited to play it as The Witcher 3 is one of my all-time favorite games, though I am still expecting some issues with the game even after all the day one/initial patches.

I'm not much of a gamer these days but I'm interested to see how Cyberpunk 2077 turns out. I've read some interesting reviews and I'm slightly suspicious that they aren't allowing reviewers to post any game play footage.

The fact that it's first person is probably enough to put me off playing it. I would've been totally down if it was like GTA in some dystopian nightmare.
I much prefer First Person for immersive games like this. I think the reason I could never really get into the Witcher was the third person view. Skyrim, Bioshock, Halo, all these games really immersed me in the world.

I pre-downloaded. I've read a review where they gave it a mediocre score because the World itself doesn't play as much of a role which worries me, and another where the only bad thing the person had to say was that it was buggy. I know there's a day one patch almost the size of the game, so hopefully they fix some of the things reviewers ran into, bug wise.

it definitely seems that CDPR doesn't want buggy footage going out before the initial patches are implemented, so they made all initial reviews use provided/approved B-Roll and images. I don't know what's worse, seeing the buggy gameplay or imagining how buggy it is based on the early reviews/impressions, because my imagination could be worse that what is actually happening with the bugs.

that said, I pre-ordered it (on Stadia, so we'll see how that turns out in a day or two) and I am very excited to play it as The Witcher 3 is one of my all-time favorite games, though I am still expecting some issues with the game even after all the day one/initial patches.

Yeah, hopefully the patch fixes most of the issues. Apparently Witcher 3 was buggy at launch. I have yet to get past the intro of that game, maybe I'll give it a go over the holidays.

I much prefer First Person for immersive games like this. I think the reason I could never really get into the Witcher was the third person view. Skyrim, Bioshock, Halo, all these games really immersed me in the world.

I pre-downloaded. I've read a review where they gave it a mediocre score because the World itself doesn't play as much of a role which worries me, and another where the only bad thing the person had to say was that it was buggy. I know there's a day one patch almost the size of the game, so hopefully they fix some of the things reviewers ran into, bug wise.

I find the first person view makes me queasy. I could probably play it but in 15 minute chunks. I tired DOOM recently and it was pretty horrible.

somewhat related. I'm not a hardcore gamer who plays things on release day so I never experience problems with unplayability and bugs. I feel that reviews that mention bugs are a little unfair as long as the studio fixes them. If they go unfixed, then by all means slam them in a review. I know a reviewer will likely get a game filled with bugs before the general public, but if the game is still good aside from that, it should be mentioned.

CDPR is good with post game support, so if Cyberpunk is heavily buggy at release (which I'm sure it will be), I have no doubt it'll be cleaned up over time.

I've surprisingly insulated myself from the hype despite the fact that this game was announced when I was a edit: junior in high school, and now I'm going to be 26 on the day it finally comes out. I haven't watched any of the nite city previews or anything like that, so I'm going in practically blind, and I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited:
somewhat related. I'm not a hardcore gamer who plays things on release day so I never experience problems with unplayability and bugs. I feel that reviews that mention bugs are a little unfair as long as the studio fixes them. If they go unfixed, then by all means slam them in a review. I know a reviewer will likely get a game filled with bugs before the general public, but if the game is still good aside from that, it should be mentioned.
I'm with you, and being a console gamer and primarily a Nintendo console gamer dealing with huge day 1 patches is pretty rare. I have seen that most reviews still state that the game is fun and the story is engaging even despite the bugs, so while the reviews might not be living up to the hype I have no doubt that this will be a great game.

CDPR is good with post game support, so if Cyberpunk is heavily buggy at release (which I'm sure it will be), I have no doubt it'll be cleaned up over time.

I've surprisingly insulated myself from the hype despite the fact that this game was announced when I was a edit: junior in high school, and now I'm going to be 26 on the day it finally comes out. I haven't watched any of the nite city previews or anything like that, so I'm going in practically blind, and I'm looking forward to it!
I have been checking out some stuff the last week or two, but unlike you I was aware of this game but it was far from my radar until recently as I only played Witcher 3 last year on the Switch and became a fan of that game and the developer (minus the amount of crunch they put on their employees to get this game out), so my interest in this game has only been for a couple of weeks instead of nearly a decade. hopefully that means that since I haven't been waiting forever to play this game I haven't hyped it past the point of no return and can enjoy it even if it's not to the level that everyone was hoping for.

Funny how the Cyberpunk hype has tempered a bit; I've felt it myself too. I'm curious, and will probably pick it up to fill the post-christmas pre-new-year gap. If I can make a confession, I found Witcher 3 to be just fine? The story is great and I loved how it let certain arcs breathe, but the combat was sludgy at best and I never quite got into any of the finer points like mutagens and potions.

But if Cyberpunk has any mechanic equivalent to Gwent, I'll be playing it for ages.

Funny how the Cyberpunk hype has tempered a bit; I've felt it myself too. I'm curious, and will probably pick it up to fill the post-christmas pre-new-year gap. If I can make a confession, I found Witcher 3 to be just fine? The story is great and I loved how it let certain arcs breathe, but the combat was sludgy at best and I never quite got into any of the finer points like mutagens and potions.

But if Cyberpunk has any mechanic equivalent to Gwent, I'll be playing it for ages.
I saw a review that mentioned it has nothing in the game equivalent to Gwent. that said I never took the time to understand how to play Gwent so I never got to get into that aspect of The Witcher 3.

PS: it seems that Panic Button has done it again with porting Doom Eternal on to the Switch. I have to say the videos I have seen is pretty remarkable, even though it might be a bit blurry/muddy on bigger screens. it just sucks they decided to go digital only at the last moment.

I really enjoyed Witcher 3, but I agree about the combat (I found it too frustrating to not accidentally die to bother playing on the highest difficulty) and admit to scratching my head a bit at the notion that it is far and above the best game of the generation. Certainly one everyone should play, but I guess I missed what truly separates it from the other incredible games.

I saw a review that mentioned it has nothing in the game equivalent to Gwent. that said I never took the time to understand how to play Gwent so I never got to get into that aspect of The Witcher 3.
lol same. I skipped through the tutorial and then never bothered playing it. I guess I was looking at games like The Witcher to be a nice hack and slash but I definitely do not want to be playing a card came for extended periods of time. Did people really love playing Gwent? It’s a bore IMO

Waiting on the next gen update for Cyberpunk.

Even if it was flawless I wouldn't want to get it day 1 based on their treatment of employees, and the courting of gamer gaters through their ad strategy (which to be fair worked and got them a dedicated army before the game is even out).

lol same. I skipped through the tutorial and then never bothered playing it. I guess I was looking at games like The Witcher to be a nice hack and slash but I definitely do not want to be playing a card came for extended periods of time. Did people really love playing Gwent? It’s a bore IMO
Gwents a really enjoyable card game. Its been turned into a stand alone app that i still play from time to time.

I really enjoyed Witcher 3, but I agree about the combat (I found it too frustrating to not accidentally die to bother playing on the highest difficulty) and admit to scratching my head a bit at the notion that it is far and above the best game of the generation. Certainly one everyone should play, but I guess I missed what truly separates it from the other incredible games.
I think maybe it was the size? The game is sprawling and large, and the world is pretty immersive overall.
I play gwent. Me, I'm the one! My regrets in my Witcher 3 playthrough had less to do with certain characters dying and more to do with my not having won their rare gwent cards before they died!

Did people really love playing Gwent? It’s a bore IMO

Oh buddy lol

I enjoyed Gwent fine but there are people that sunk HOURS into Gwent in the witcher 3 alone. Enough for CDPR to orint physical Gwent decks and make a standalone (and successful) Gwent TCG for pc and mobile.

Once I discovered Gwent that was it. The world went to hell, monsters roamed the land killing and devouring everything in their path, Nilfgard invaded and pillaged, all the while my Geralt was sitting in a dark pub somewhere playing cards.

And when he finally could be coaxed out of the bar after hours on end, he'd set off on a fevered search for other, rarer playing cards to obtain. My Geralt went from being a badass Witcher, to a guy who hangs out at the back of a Games Workshop.

Last edited:
Back