Everything Video Games!

Finally got Hades tonight, and this thing needs to come with a surgeon general's warning because it is ADDICTIVE.

88 hours and counting.
Last night I finally reached Hades himself for the second time.

I used up all my Death Defiances getting his health bar down to zero, then he refilled and one-shotted me.

I have to admit it's bringing me down how hard it's been to beat this one.

Last night I finally reached Hades himself for the second time.

I used up all my Death Defiances getting his health bar down to zero, then he refilled and one-shotted me.

I have to admit it's bringing me down how hard it's been to beat this one.
That happened to me the first time to him, too. Hang in there!

Finally got Hades tonight, and this thing needs to come with a surgeon general's warning because it is ADDICTIVE.

88 hours and counting.
Ya'll got me scared I'm going to love it. It's on sale right now too on Switch (and probably others). I think I'm going to purchase but not install until I finish 3D Mario All Stars.

my brother got a switch now and xenoblade 1 and 2, he said he would buy like one or 2 more games on black friday for himself (fire emblem, maybe BotW, 3D all stars, or octopath traveler)... and for christmas i think i'm getting him one of those 3 games, pokemon, or a switch pro controller

I could not enjoy playing as Mipha any more than I currently am enjoying playing as Mipha

All in all I have Smash, Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing, Zelda: BotW, and Mario Odyssey (my friend gave me a DL code he wasn’t using for $40). I have this entire week off with nowhere to go so this will be enjoyable
I love this game, pretty sure I put in over 200 hours in the first year. Online match making can be a bit slow and frustrating. Chaining boosts feels so good.

I'm tempted to pick this up even though roguelikes/lites aren't my thing. It looks so good.

I've been playing Astro's Playroom and it's great, really well done and a lot of fun. I think I'll try out some stuff in the PS Plus Collection next, might give Uncharted 4 a try.

I love this game, pretty sure I put in over 200 hours in the first year. Online match making can be a bit slow and frustrating. Chaining boosts feels so good.

I'm tempted to pick this up even though roguelikes/lites aren't my thing. It looks so good.

I've been playing Astro's Playroom and it's great, really well done and a lot of fun. I think I'll try out some stuff in the PS Plus Collection next, might give Uncharted 4 a try.
Roguelikes or lights aren't really my thing either, but Hades is a blast. I say give it a shot.

Snagged The Last of Us Part II on Sunday for $15 after some Best Buy rewards (and the BF price). Only an hour in so far, but hot damn does this game have some unreal motion capture & character animations. Even my base PS4 makes this game look purrty.

my brother got a switch now and xenoblade 1 and 2, he said he would buy like one or 2 more games on black friday for himself (fire emblem, maybe BotW, 3D all stars, or octopath traveler)... and for christmas i think i'm getting him one of those 3 games, pokemon, or a switch pro controller

your brother has chosen... wisely!

Roguelikes or lights aren't really my thing either, but Hades is a blast. I say give it a shot.
+1 on Hades. I had someone recommend it to me recently because I like Dead Cells. And it's a total winner of a game. It has some similarities to Dead Cells - permadeath for each run's build, but permanent upgrades to be made for subsequent runs; at times, overwhelming difficulty; fast-paced combat. But enough about the comparison.

Stylistically, Hades is one of the cooler games I've played in a while. Like, just straight up, cool. This is especially evident in the "living" areas where you hang out between runs. The coloring is great, the characters you interact with, just everything screams cool.

Speaking of characters....if you like Greek mythology, even to the slightest degree, this game will not disappoint. I had a book...Heroes and Gods...I loved as a child. I've read the Aeneid, Odyssey, Iliad, Bulfinch's Mythology, etc. and this game just so clearly comes from a place of respect for the subject matter. It also adds humor and irreverence to the characters which is awesome.

Gameplay...simply wild. If you like screaming across the screen killing shit then you'll love this. If you don't like killing shit like a (boss) God or get overwhelmed by too much awesome, then I'm sure there is a plant watering simulator out there somewhere with your name on it. I've only got about 20 runs in so far so I haven't unlocked all the weapons, but there is enough variation in them (plus once you start stacking upgrades) to make runs interesting. I mean, you can just go out there with a shield and get all Rygar on baddies' asses (seriously, the shield is fun as hell - I imagine it going "doink" every time I fling it at a louts skull).

Playing this game kinda reminds me of the gameplay of Smash T.V. from way back when.

Any way, altogether fun time. I paid $20 on a Steam sale. Regular price is like $25. It's definitely worth that price of admission, if not more.

Best Buys got some good deals going on, including discounted store codes for Xbox and Switch stores.

Last edited:
I had been messing around with Stadia a bit here and there but last night I finally tried out the recommended setup of wired via ethernet cable with the Chromecast on the TV and I have to say that I came away pretty impressed.

I have all the free PRO games but the few I tried so far weren't too great but there's plenty more I still need to check out. I also added DOOM-2016 as I have never played before and could add it for free with the $10 credit so it seemed like a no-brainer. DOOM was definitely the best game I tried out so far and ran really well, it ran so well that I felt confident enough to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 for Stadia as I would have no means of playing the game otherwise. It should also get me another free Stadia as there is another promo for a free Stadia when you pre-order Cyberpunk.

Hades_Box_Vinyl_Mock_Standard.jpg

+1 on Hades. I had someone recommend it to me recently because I like Dead Cells. And it's a total winner of a game. It has some similarities to Dead Cells - permadeath for each run's build, but permanent upgrades to be made for subsequent runs; at times, overwhelming difficulty; fast-paced combat. But enough about the comparison.

Stylistically, Hades is one of the cooler games I've played in a while. Like, just straight up, cool. This is especially evident in the "living" areas where you hang out between runs. The coloring is great, the characters you interact with, just everything screams cool.

Speaking of characters....if you like Greek mythology, even to the slightest degree, this game will not disappoint. I had a book...Heroes and Gods...I loved as a child. I've read the Aeneid, Odyssey, Iliad, Bulfinch's Mythology, etc. and this game just so clearly comes from a place of respect for the subject matter. It also adds humor and irreverence to the characters which is awesome.

Gameplay...simply wild. If you like screaming across the screen killing shit then you'll love this. If you don't like killing shit like a (boss) God or get overwhelmed by too much awesome, then I'm sure there is a plant watering simulator out there somewhere with your name on it. I've only got about 20 runs in so far so I haven't unlocked all the weapons, but there is enough variation in them (plus once you start stacking upgrades) to make runs interesting. I mean, you can just go out there with a shield and get all Rygar on baddies' asses (seriously, the shield is fun as hell - I imagine it going "doink" every time I fling it at a louts skull).

Playing this game kinda reminds me of the gameplay of Smash T.V. from way back when.

Any way, altogether fun time. I paid $20 on a Steam sale. Regular price is like $25. It's definitely worth that price of admission, if not more.

Can I just +2 that and +1 this post? It's so good and I really don't care for these games most of the time/

Back