Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Okay I need help with a friends Fluance. As far as I know these things do not have adjustable VTA but his table is riding super tail low with a Nag cart. He's just using the stock platter and rubber mat that comes with it. It's the stock arm and headshell. It looks to me like the headshell is dipping at the connection point but he says it's locked in and secure. Does anyone know how the hell you would fix this without VTA or removing the mat which is supposed to be used on this table as far as I know. Like it looks like the platter is about a cm too high. But how is that possible.

View attachment 191244
Is the record in the picture warped?

Anybody have experience with cassette decks? Thoughts on this unit and price point?

Anybody have experience with cassette decks? Thoughts on this unit and price point?

I know nothing, but if it is still there in a month, I will probably buy it:

You can do better for $150. Look on eBay for one that has been refurbished.

This is what it got for about the same price a few years ago…
IMG_0886.jpeg
IMG_0885.jpeg
It’s worth it to have one that has had its belts replaced, as the process doing it yourself is a pain in the ass.

Hey, what was it you guys (maybe @TenderLovingKiller® ) were using to clean your dust covers with? Also I assume these are acrylic dust covers?
NOVUS-PK1-2 | Plastic Clean & Shine #1, Fine Scratch Remover #2, Heavy Scratch Remover #3 and Polish Mates Pack | 2 Ounce Bottles

This works well. My cover is too far gone unfortunately. Some numb nuts (me) attempted to clean with a chemical gunk remover and stupidly didn’t test it in a small spot before rubbing it all off and burning the shit out of my cover.

NOVUS-PK1-2 | Plastic Clean & Shine #1, Fine Scratch Remover #2, Heavy Scratch Remover #3 and Polish Mates Pack | 2 Ounce Bottles

This works well. My cover is too far gone unfortunately. Some numb nuts (me) attempted to clean with a chemical gunk remover and stupidly didn’t test it in a small spot before rubbing it all off and burning the shit out of my cover.
Thanks!

Back