Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I think this is the lower powered, Class A amp versus the 150W Class A/B amp. Damn sweet if it has the power you need. Big brother to the one @Slimwhit33 sold.
A higher powered Luxman, but not the current 509 model.

Actually that's CAD and retail is $11,200. So it's well under. But on the entire other side of the country. And tubes.
And the Japanese 100v version. So, gray market as it wasn’t brought into North America through their distribution system. And I, personally, would constantly be wondering how that down converter is impacting the tubes.

A higher powered Luxman, but not the current 509 model.

I can vouch for the 509x, I’m loving mine!

I tend to use glass wipes to do the regular clean on mine and toothpaste to polish out small scratches, similarly to how you can use it to polish out minor scratches on car paint.
Googling the toothpaste/car paint was a revelation. Now I just wish it wasn’t winter and miserable here. Thanks for sharing!

Off topic, but… anyone tried toothpaste to remove scratches from skipping CDs?

I’ve seen people claim to have used it on DVDs but have never done it myself. A bit like on acrylic and car paint it’s only going to work on very minor surface abrasions and scuffs and those generally don’t cause a skip in my experience.

I had heard car paste wax works, but have not tried that yet.

Yeah it’s a similar mild abrasive but probably more abrasive than toothpaste, especially if you get the t cut style one for polishing out scratches rather than just the usual one for bringing up a shine.

Back