Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I like the look of the GIK Slatfusor. I’m thinking about a way to make a “feature wall” using them.

View attachment 191025

I think I have posted this here before, but this is exactly what I did for my living room and some corner bass traps. It didn't turn out horrible aesthetically and definitely deadened the room. Now I am saving up for either a new sofa or Cornwall IV's.

living room 2.jpg

living room 3.jpg

living room.jpg

Small update, garage listening room reno approved by significant other. Expect further updates somewhere around 2025 when I have some money to do it.

Nice and the extra time and more suitable space can let you really go for what you want in an amp rather than compromising to fit it into what you are restricted to right now!

Is gypsy a slur now? I should stop listening to (and loving) Band of Gypsies now?
It’s always been a slur if used in the wrong context, society has evolved to a place where folks have stopped being polite about casual slights like this. I am 100% certain @Joe Mac didn’t mean anything negative by it. Saying things like “Gypsy Curse” and “gyped” have outgrown their origins but but come from a place of negativity towards a ethnic group of people. It would be similar to Jew which is fine if you are using it within proper context but if you use Jew as a verb instead of a noun it’s often considered offensive for much of the same reasons.

@Kris was just providing a helpful reminder.

It’s always been a slur if used in the wrong context, society has evolved to a place where folks have stopped being polite about casual slights like this. I am 100% certain @Joe Mac didn’t mean anything negative by it. Saying things like “Gypsy Curse” and “gyped” have outgrown their origins but but come from a place of negativity towards a ethnic group of people. It would be similar to Jew which is fine if you are using it within proper context but if you use Jew as a verb instead of a noun it’s often considered offensive for much of the same reasons.

@Kris was just providing a helpful reminder.
I find it kinda weird how sensitive we have become to perceived slights, no matter how minor or unitended, when in actual daily life we (some) don't seem to give a f*ck about our fellow man. On Wednesday I drove from Denver to Abiline, KS and then back to help spread the ashes of a childhood friend at his family cemetery plot - a thousand mile day trip. By the time I was headed back home it was dark on the next to longest night of the year. It's been awhile since I have driven on an interstate hiway in the dark but I was deeply saddened by my fellow travelers' obvious lack of caring or concern about others on the road. It used to be that dimming your bright headlights when approaching traffic from behind or when someone passes you was the norm. Not any more. Bright lights on all the time, screw everybody else. Plenty of other examples on the trip but caring about others just doesn't seem to be a part of the program much anymore. I appreciate that Kris gave us a reminder to be more aware of our words and actions. We can all be better to those we share the world with.

Last edited:
I find it kinda weird how sensitive we have become to perceived slights, no matter how minor or unitended, when in actual daily life we (some) don't seem to give a f*ck about our fellow man. On Wednesday I drove from Denver to Abiline, KS and then back to help spread the ashes of a childhood friend at his family cemetery plot - a thousand mile day trip. By the time I was headed back home it was dark on the next to longest night of the year. It's been awhile since I have driven on an interstate hiway in the dark but I was deeply saddened by my fellow travelers' obvious lack of caring or concern about others on the road. It used to be that dimming your bright headlights when approaching traffic from behind or when someone passes you was the norm. Not any more. Bright lights on all the time, screw everybody else. Plenty of other examples on the trip but caring about others just doesn't seem to be a part of the program much anymore. I appreciate that Kris gave us a reminder to be more aware of our words and actions. We can all be better to those we share the world with.
A couple things. First, it’s not about sensitivity it’s about inclusivity. We want this place of ours to feel open and welcoming to everybody. If, certain groups find certain words offensive or derogatory then why not say it in a way that doesn’t ruffle feathers? It’s not gonna change the world but it can make this community a bit more comfortable.

Secondly, I am sorry for your loss. Losing friends and love ones is always rough and having a long road trip to boot would be a lot to take in. I completely agree about the headlights though I am not sure how much of it is people being inconsiderate as opposed to everybody in America driving SUVs and Monster Trucks with super bright LED Headlights. As someone who drives a normal car I have found that headlights on these taller vehicle tend to unfortunately align more with my rearview mirror than with lower portions of my car making it very difficult to see and then when you factor in the ultra bright bulbs I don’t even think most of these fellow travelers even have their brights on I just think it’s the way these vehicles are set up.

Back