Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

He’s gonna pay people to put walls in his shed. I’m just saying.

I mean that’s understandable. Not everyone is handy and I rather pay someone who was for a number of reasons ranging from stress reduction, through valuing my time and sanity, to quality of finish. We all have different talents and capabilities.

I mean that’s understandable. Not everyone is handy and I rather pay someone who was for a number of reasons ranging from stress reduction, through valuing my time and sanity, to quality of finish. We all have different talents and capabilities.
He’s a reasonably intelligent human, it’s not rocket science. The only benefit to something like walls in a shed from a contractor is possibly speed.

He’s a reasonably intelligent human, it’s not rocket science. The only benefit to something like walls in a shed from a contractor is possibly speed.

Yeah I’m not dumb but any type of DIY I do beyond the very minor is not great. There are many different types of intelligence and they aren’t necessarily all interconnected.

Yeah I’m not dumb but any type of DIY I do beyond the very minor is not great. There are many different types of intelligence and they aren’t necessarily all interconnected.
People sell themselves short… if you are using formulas to figure out the compliance of your cart, then changing the cart and getting it aligned yourself, you have the kind of intelligence, motor skills and attention to detail needed.

Newman, it's not a shed. It's a 500 square foot cinder block garage with a double car garage door that takes up an entire wall. It needs to be completely weather proofed and that whole garage door side wall needs to be either bricked up or replaced with cinder blocks before the insulation and drywall goes up. Then there's the power because all the outlets need to get moved and the door and windows need replacing and possibly the breaker box needs updating. And then I have to make sure it's completely weather proofed and has heating and cooling because I'm going to throw all my valuable records and my entire system in there and we get hot AF in the summer and cold AF in the winter. There is zero chance in hell I'm going to do this myself. Because if I fuck it up it's not a wet floor and a "oh well". It's all my records and a not inexpensive sound system that goes bye bye.

-shaking head-

"Shed."

IT'S A FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE NEWMAN

Newman, it's not a shed. It's a 500 square foot cinder block garage with a double car garage door that takes up an entire wall. It needs to be completely weather proofed and that whole garage door side wall needs to be either bricked up or replaced with cinder blocks before the insulation and drywall goes up. Then there's the power because all the outlets need to get moved and the door and windows need replacing and possibly the breaker box needs updating. And then I have to make sure it's completely weather proofed and has heating and cooling because I'm going to throw all my valuable records and my entire system in there and we get hot AF in the summer and cold AF in the winter. There is zero chance in hell I'm going to do this myself. Because if I fuck it up it's not a wet floor and a "oh well". It's all my records and a not inexpensive sound system that goes bye bye.

-shaking head-

"Shed."

IT'S A FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE NEWMAN

Next week I mock people who employ a solicitor rather than doing their own conveyancing 🙄

I like the look of the GIK Slatfusor. I’m thinking about a way to make a “feature wall” using them.

View attachment 191025

If you could get some large panels of acoustic foam, some lengths of wood, some LED lights and a good carpenter I bet you could get a much nicer looking full wall effect without paying as much.

Speaking of costs, you may want to check out Officina Acustica as they have a range of room designs and can prefab all kinds of rooms/treatments. And/or Vicoutics to come measure and help.
Can I pay them in beer and kinda good espressos? Because like, from that website it doesn't LOOK like I can pay them in beer and kinda good espressos.

Back