Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

The details are not the details. They make the design.
Actually, they both do both. My home theater had the acoustic plans drawn up by Vicoustics, which kindly included acoustic treatments I already had when they measured the rooms response times and drew up the plans (the rest of the treatments that I needed were Vicoustics I bought through Audio Advice).

I was really tempted to go with Officina Acustica, where they have their local rep come out, physically and acoustically measure your room, collaborate with you on design, and then they build to spec and ship it to you. You have a contractor for the walls, to their specs, and install the wall panels. Great results and cool designs, but more money. I was renovating the bathroom at the same time, and the budget was already over what I estimated. So, Vicoustics was the next best option.

Last edited:
Acruelly, they both do both. My home theater had the acoustic plans drawn up by Vicoustics, which kindly included acoustic treatments I already had when they measured the rooms response times and drew up the plans (the rest of the treatments that I needed were Vicoustics I bought through Audio Advice).

I was really tempted to go with Officina Acustica, where they have their local rep come out, physically and acoustically measure your room, collaborate with you on design, and then they build to spec and ship it to you. You have a contractor for the walls, to their specs, and install the wall panels. Great results and cool designs, but more money. I was renovating the bathroom at the same time, and the budget was already over what I estimated. So, Vicoustics was the next best option.
I can haz some monies?

If you were closer, I’d help. Canada is a longer drive than what I’m up for. And I’d still want whisky.

Honestly, a bunch of stuff can be DIY if you have the time and patience. I finished my basement and built the whole home theater by myself (except the electrical lines, I leave that shit to pros).

These days I have neither. I have two active special needs kids that pretty much consume all my time. I get to enjoy music when they are at school as I work from home. Or in the basement when everyone else is asleep. So, my DIY time and patience is down to slapping some prefab acoustic panels up.

If you were closer, I’d help. Canada is a longer drive than what I’m up for. And I’d still want whisky.

Honestly, a bunch of stuff can be DIY if you have the time and patience. I finished my basement and built the whole home theater by myself (except the electrical lines, I leave that shit to pros).

These days I have neither. I have two active special needs kids that pretty much consume all my time. I get to enjoy music when they are at school as I work from home. Or in the basement when everyone else is asleep. So, my DIY time and patience is down to slapping some prefab acoustic panels up.
Yeah I'm gunna price it out but it's likely at least a year off, but I'm definitely curious to see what kind of quotes I get.

Next week I mock people who employ a solicitor rather than doing their own conveyancing 🙄
Hey… I’m a snarky bastard. You all know this. I wasn’t trying to belittle anyone but a. Having a little fun and b. Saying this might now be as hard as you are making it.

@Mather I apologize I lost the thread that this was actually a garage and yeah that might be a bit of a bigger job then you want to diy.

Changing sig presently. Lol

Hey… I’m a snarky bastard. You all know this. I wasn’t trying to belittle anyone but a. Having a little fun and b. Saying this might now be as hard as you are making it.

@Mather I apologize I lost the thread that this was actually a garage and yeah that might be a bit of a bigger job then you want to diy.

I think the shed thing was my fault. It was more an analogy than a statement of fact.

All good Newman, I know, I don't offend easy

I get it but these things seems straight forward to you because you know them and they are skills you have and so you downplay them. Believe me the prospect of doing that work is more daunting to me than a bunch of title deeds would be to you.

Back