Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Try telling people you've got a $35K system and when they ask you what speakers, you say "JBL".
Hell, a seasoned listener will realize that JBL’s can be worth more than that dollar amount. K2’s, Everest’s, M2’s, SCL-1’s all go high dollar. And for those that enjoy them, they’re worth every cent.

Your L100 Classic‘s rock. Forget those who judge before listening.

ONLY CAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THESE THINGS:
httpswww.audioadvice.compubmediacatalogproductjbjbl-4367_alt1.jpg
I love the 4367’s. A buddy of mine has them. Great speakers.

I am seriously considering a Bluesound speaker for the kitchen now. Things are not cheap but I hear they're pretty nice.
I gotta say….the ikea Symfonisk Sonos speakers are pretty nice especially for the price. Haven’t heard the Bluesound and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s better but we have a few of the Ikea Sonos bookshelf speakers around the house in various rooms and I’ve been happy with them! Have one in the kitchen to listen to music while cooking and eating dinner.

I gotta say….the ikea Symfonisk Sonos speakers are pretty nice especially for the price. Haven’t heard the Bluesound and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s better but we have a few of the Ikea Sonos bookshelf speakers around the house in various rooms and I’ve been happy with them! Have one in the kitchen to listen to music while cooking and eating dinner.

I suppose though once you start into one of these systems it’s not really all that clever to mix and match to avoid more apps than necessary and with all the options for grouping etc. if I had that nad amp with the built in bluOS I don’t think I’d be buying any sonos speakers for other rooms when the bluesound ones also exist.

I suppose though once you start into one of these systems it’s not really all that clever to mix and match to avoid more apps than necessary and with all the options for grouping etc. if I had that nad amp with the built in bluOS I don’t think I’d be buying any sonos speakers for other rooms when the bluesound ones also exist.
Yea—fair point. Forgot Deb has all the BluOS already. My Sonos are hooked up to Roon though so it’s quite easy for me. I don’t use them for critical listening or anything like that so airplay is fine

Yea—fair point. Forgot Deb has all the BluOS already. My Sonos are hooked up to Roon though so it’s quite easy for me. I don’t use them for critical listening or anything like that so airplay is fine

Yeah mine is just the tv so I actually don’t stream any music to them at all so it’s kind of irrelevant. The app was just for initial set up and true sound room correction, I don’t think I’ve opened it since.

I think there’s a certain type of audiophile that would see Klipsch as being fun rather than accurate or analytical.
I fully plan on having a pair of Fortes, the a b ability of the NAD has me considering keeping around an analytical pair of speakers for classical listening. So, yeah, I can kind of see that and almost immediately after typing it I was kind of like, oh yeah, color. Audiophiles are weird.
There's a sizable contingent of audiophiles who say horn speakers 'honk' or 'squawk' and consider them fundamentally unrefined. I think they capture the sound of live instruments in a remarkable way. Everyone's got their own ears, I guess.

There's a sizable contingent of audiophiles who say horn speakers 'honk' or 'squawk' and consider them fundamentally unrefined. I think they capture the sound of live instruments in a remarkable way. Everyone's got their own ears, I guess.
And @Lee Newman the Fortes do classical very well indeed. They are by far my favorite speakers I’ve ever owned.

Try telling people you've got a $35K system and when they ask you what speakers, you say "JBL".
My 20-year-old JBL S38s go toe to toe with my Klipsch Forte IVs in almost all regards except sound "size". The bigger speakers just add that dimension of space and ease you can only get with having a much bigger speaker (and high efficiency helps). But the much smaller JBLs still flat-out rock and aren't embarrassed in side-by-side comparison. So, I can only imagine what these new JBLs can do.

And @Lee Newman the Fortes do classical very well indeed. They are by far my favorite speakers I’ve ever owned.
Yeah. I mean I’m sure they do. The grado does fine with classical too, but I find myself listening to less on vinyl than I did when I had the Ort. I’ve also discovered that this is really where I think hi-res digital shines. If I have the capability to cater to different kinds of music and heighten my enjoyment as such, why not do it?

Last edited:
My 20-year-old JBL S38s go toe to toe with my Klipsch Forte IVs in almost all regards except sound "size". The bigger speakers just add that dimension of space and ease you can only get with having a much bigger speaker (and high efficiency helps). But the much smaller JBLs still flat-out rock and aren't embarrassed in side-by-side comparison. So, I can only imagine what these new JBLs can do.
I love my L82s. JBL fanclub member #3 for sure

Yeah. I mean I’m sure they do. The grado does fine with classical too, but I find myself listening to less on vinyl than I did when I had the Ort. I’ve also discovered that this is really where I think hi-res digital shines. If I have the capability to cater to different kinds of music and heighten my enjoyment as such, why not do it?
The Fortes are a very detailed, dynamic loudspeaker. They're great for classical. In fact, that's primarily what I grew up listening to on my dad's.

Back