Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I haven't seen it up for him yet. But I can walk you through it. It's pretty simple with just two speakers.
I was just curious. I’ll give it a whirl before I ask for help.it will probably be this weekend. About how long does the process take? Wondering if I can do it during nap time or need to do it once the toddler is down for the night?

I was just curious. I’ll give it a whirl before I ask for help.it will probably be this weekend. About how long does the process take? Wondering if I can do it during nap time or need to do it once the toddler is down for the night?
It makes lots of noise so nap time may be tough.. But it's only the two speakers so you can probably get through that part of the setup in about 6-7 minutes.

It makes lots of noise so nap time may be tough.. But it's only the two speakers so you can probably get through that part of the setup in about 6-7 minutes.
Honestly, nap time is probably better... she naps in the living room with my wife, so I can close the doors and get about two hours to myself.

Honestly, nap time is probably better... she naps in the living room with my wife, so I can close the doors and get about two hours to myself.
It's they can sleep through the loud chirping noises the system makes during setup then more power to ya. But you might get an angry wife and toddler.

It's they can sleep through the loud chirping noises the system makes during setup then more power to ya. But you might get an angry wife and toddler.
If I do it at night after she is in bed, it will be closer to her and with the door open...

I guess I can always abandon ship if need be.

the sonos one is really annoying. my wife still makes fun of me for pacing around our tiny apartment waving my phone everywhere to capture the sounds and map the room. i had to keep restarting it because she was laughing so hard :ROFLMAO:

What kind of whacko spends 35k on a sound system?
In some circles, that’s the price of a cable.

I recently got to experience a system in a room custom built for the audio system. Let me be very specific here. This was not a room that was tailored to the audio. No no. That would imply customization to an existing facility.

This individual waited for the home next door to go up for sale, purchased the home next door, leveled the property, and built a 2000+ sqft extension of his home, all designed around the audio system being on the second floor of this “wing” of the home. The system was housed in a dedicated room with treated and tapered walls. All the building materials were carefully considered. The system was built around the Wilson chronosonic speakers. In this world, $35K is considered a reasonable price for a single 1M cable.

In some circles, that’s the price of a cable.

I recently got to experience a system in a room custom built for the audio system. Let me be very specific here. This was not a room that was tailored to the audio. No no. That would imply customization to an existing facility.

This individual waited for the home next door to go up for sale, purchased the home next door, leveled the property, and built a 2000+ sqft extension of his home, all designed around the audio system being on the second floor of this “wing” of the home. The system was housed in a dedicated room with treated and tapered walls. All the building materials were carefully considered. The system was built around the Wilson chronosonic speakers. In this world, $35K is considered a reasonable price for a single 1M cable.

This is also very solid evidence for the need to increase taxation substantially!

This is also very solid evidence for the need to increase taxation substantially!
I will say, the first 30 minutes I couldn’t barely focus on the sound because I was so taken back by the extreme show of wealth.

I assumed the neighbors were slightly disgusted to see my 2012 Honda parked on the street inside the walls of this gated community.

Last edited:
I will say, the first 30 minutes I couldn’t barely focus on the sound because I was so taken back by the extreme show of wealth.

I assumed the neighbors were slightly disgusted to see my 2012 Honda parked on the street inside the walls of this gated community.

I’m also actually shocked at the idea that you can buy your neighbours house, flatten it, and build a big boys toys room of any description and planning be ok with it…

I’m also actually shocked at the idea that you can buy your neighbours house, flatten it, and build a big boys toys room of any description and planning be ok with it…
If you makes you feel any better, the property extension also houses a dance studio on the first floor. A large living room overlooking the Olympic size pool and golf course, downstairs has a large secondary formal dining room, and in addition to the pool outside, the property also has a full size tennis court and basketball court. 🙃

If you makes you feel any better, the property extension also houses a dance studio on the first floor. A large living room overlooking the Olympic size pool and golf course, downstairs has a large secondary formal dining room, and in addition to the pool outside, the property also has a full size tennis court and basketball court. 🙃

Vive la révolution

When you’re rich you can do anything in America!

Also this would never fly in my town. We have to get permits to chop down any trees more than 6” in diameter.

When you’re rich you can do anything in America!

Also this would never fly in my town. We have to get permits to chop down any trees more than 6” in diameter.

Yeah I mean I’d expect you to not be able to fart without a permit give the value of, and demand for, land where you are 😂

If displaymyname is talking about a home in Texas, the concept of planning itself, especially planning that would in any way regulate the gaudiest display of wealth, is genuinely comical (that’s not meant as a slight to you). If anything, their regulations would limit anything that isn’t gaudy enough.

If displaymyname is talking about a home in Texas, the concept of planning itself, especially planning that would in any way regulate the gaudiest display of wealth, is genuinely comical (that’s not meant as a slight to you). If anything, their regulations would limit anything that isn’t gaudy enough.

Where as we have incredibly strict and onerous planning that is easily circumvented by a thick enough brown envelope.

Back