Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

love all my blue jeans cables. i only didn't go for them for the RCA cable because i needed a long run and it was a bit too pricey.
I've got the LC1 for all my interconnects and I was really happy with the quality and feel, albeit they take up a hell of a lot of room and don't really flex all that much so all my gear has to be really far forward on the shelf.

I've got the LC1 for all my interconnects and I was really happy with the quality and feel, albeit they take up a hell of a lot of room and don't really flex all that much so all my gear has to be really far forward on the shelf.
yea-- that is a good point. Just hooked up the SACD player I got from @AnthonyI to my downstairs system to give it a test run and forgot how unflexible those cables are haha.

I was thinking about a sub last night... but I would probably only get to use it on very rare occasions when the wife and kids are out. Most of my listening is in the evening when the kids are in bed.

One question I did have is if there is a brand recommendation for the coaxial cord for the Node. My head started spinning at all the Amazon links for god knows what kind of cable just because I typed in coaxial cable.
Yeah, like @Joe Mac said. My experience with an REL T/7i is that it integrates seamlessly so it's very rarely I'm ever reminded I'm running a sub.

Yeah, like @Joe Mac said. My experience with an REL T/7i is that it integrates seamlessly so it's very rarely I'm ever reminded I'm running a sub.
Yeah agreed. If you get a decent technical sub that you can integrate rather than a giant boomy one, you won't even know it's there. I've got a Revel B10 and while it looks huge, it's barely working, just filling in the bottom end a little, don't even know it's on.

Yeah agreed. If you get a decent technical sub that you can integrate rather than a giant boomy one, you won't even know it's there. I've got a Revel B10 and while it looks huge, it's barely working, just filling in the bottom end a little, don't even know it's on.
I have two JL Audio 8” subs for my 2 ch set up, they blend very nicely as well. Got them for a good price on A’gon, around $800 for both.

The way you came after @Joe Mac over the lamp, but you have that JBL stuffed in a corner... Man, where's my crowbar? ;)
Bro... i know. It's awful right? But until I find a new house, this is the room, I can't rearrange walls without literally destroying the house.

But also. They're front ported, so jamming it in the corner is not AS big a deal.
But also shut up.
But also if you think I don't spend like half my day staring at that corner speaker, you're kidding yourself.

But also stop using my own machinations against me PLEASE AND THANK YOU
It's good for you. Remember that I was the one who let you know the Classic was still in production!

It's good for you. Remember that I was the one who let you know the Classic was still in production!

Hahaha oh right, you called my bluff.
WELL DONE GOOD SIR

Let’s see if I’m doing this right… “I did a thing”

Ended up deciding to take a MC journey with the LO Sumiko Songbird and deciding to pair in with the Darlington MP-7/SU-7. I was kinda between going all out and decided to reel it back, a little. Overall excited to explore some new components and had a screaming deal on the Songbird that I felt like I couldn’t pass up dipping my toes into MC world.

Now the waiting game!

Let’s see if I’m doing this right… “I did a thing”

Ended up deciding to take a MC journey with the LO Sumiko Songbird and deciding to pair in with the Darlington MP-7/SU-7. I was kinda between going all out and decided to reel it back, a little. Overall excited to explore some new components and had a screaming deal on the Songbird that I felt like I couldn’t pass up dipping my toes into MC world.

Now the waiting game!
You did indeed do a thing! Congrats!

I'm working on a listening room upgrade. So far I've managed to get a contract on an offer well over asking on the existing listening room but I'm still in negotiations on my offer for the new listening room. The new room should have 2 listening spaces and I'm working on shipping in the rest of the kit and collection to outfit it as well.

I'm working on a listening room upgrade. So far I've managed to get a contract on an offer well over asking on the existing listening room but I'm still in negotiations on my offer for the new listening room. The new room should have 2 listening spaces and I'm working on shipping in the rest of the kit and collection to outfit it as well.
Congrats on the sale?

Congrats on the sale?
Absolutely! I was going to be happy with asking so it's all gravy from here. If we can get this other one we have eyes for then it will be a real celebration. Otherwise there's a homelessness clock ticking for me while we figure out an alternative target.

Listening spaces were in fact a contending criteria. The two current spaces are not sufficiently insulated from child activity or appropriately shaped. Also they have the significant downside of being 750 miles apart.

Back