Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Man, we're Ortofon brothers now.
Why you always gotta be slammin' my Ort bro-zilla?
My bad. I was trying to make the point that all Ortofons do not sound the same.

I really need to put the Grado Reference3 back on to compare but the Quintet Black S sounds so damn good, I don’t want to mess with anything.

A 2m and a Grado Prestige aren’t in the same state/province sq wise. I think the Quintet Black S and the Reference 3 are actually neighbors, and the Quintet Black S is easier to set up and $405 less.

My bad. I was trying to make the point that all Ortofons do not sound the same.

I really need to put the Grado Reference3 back on to compare but the Quintet Black S sounds so damn good, I don’t want to mess with anything.

A 2m and a Grado Prestige aren’t in the same state/province sq wise. I think the Quintet Black S and the Reference 3 are actually neighbors, and the Quintet Black S is easier to set up and $405 less.
It's all good I'm just kidding, I completely understand what people don't like about the 2M Black. It's very clinical. I just think the rest of my system does to a degree make up for that clinical nature. That being said I have not yet gone outside the Ort ecosystem for carts so I am fully aware I have no point of reference and could very well switch houses and then be absolutely horrified that I spent so much time with the Black. I don't think that will be the case. But I can't definitively say it won't be.

Updates on the NAD3050.

Spun the rest of the Greyboy Allstars - A Town Called Earth last night and bumped up the bass on the EQ a notch or two. That seemed to really beef things up a bit on the low end. Still really surprised at how much more air and life to the mids just switching this amp up from the 326 has brought. The bass has not been boomy or muddy at all. Overall, very pleased with the upgrade (or side step...), but I simply could not pass up getting this seriously sexy looking piece of kit.

Looking forward to getting the Node plugged in tonight and really putting this thing through a workout.

Updates on the NAD3050.

Spun the rest of the Greyboy Allstars - A Town Called Earth last night and bumped up the bass on the EQ a notch or two. That seemed to really beef things up a bit on the low end. Still really surprised at how much more air and life to the mids just switching this amp up from the 326 has brought. The bass has not been boomy or muddy at all. Overall, very pleased with the upgrade (or side step...), but I simply could not pass up getting this seriously sexy looking piece of kit.

Looking forward to getting the Node plugged in tonight and really putting this thing through a workout.

If you’re still looking for bass once everything is broken in I really found the small REL TZero sub that I got complimented the Lintons really well and tightened up the bottom end.

If you’re still looking for bass once everything is broken in I really found the small REL TZero sub that I got complimented the Lintons really well and tightened up the bottom end.
I was thinking about a sub last night... but I would probably only get to use it on very rare occasions when the wife and kids are out. Most of my listening is in the evening when the kids are in bed.

One question I did have is if there is a brand recommendation for the coaxial cord for the Node. My head started spinning at all the Amazon links for god knows what kind of cable just because I typed in coaxial cable.

I was thinking about a sub last night... but I would probably only get to use it on very rare occasions when the wife and kids are out. Most of my listening is in the evening when the kids are in bed.

One question I did have is if there is a brand recommendation for the coaxial cord for the Node. My head started spinning at all the Amazon links for god knows what kind of cable just because I typed in coaxial cable.

Well I’d be tempted to just go with blue jeans myself in the states. If you want cheaper this brand has has had some positive feedback on here for their RCA and coax digital is mostly the same thing.

Amazon product ASIN B00DI89ADE
Also with my sub it isn’t thumping hard unless it’s like daft punk. Mostly it’s just giving a bit more authority to the bottom end. If you get a musical one like the REL and dial it in properly following the instructions it isn’t going to be shaking the house like some of the cheap home cinema ones do.

Well I’d be tempted to just go with blue jeans myself in the states. If you want cheaper this brand has has had some positive feedback on here for their RCA and coax digital is mostly the same thing.

Amazon product ASIN B00DI89ADE
Also with my sub it isn’t thumping hard unless it’s like daft punk. Mostly it’s just giving a bit more authority to the bottom end. If you get a musical one like the REL and dial it in properly following the instructions it isn’t going to be shaking the house like some of the cheap home cinema ones do.
Amazon product ASIN B002872F0Q
For $30 bucks I think I could swing it...

Back