Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Absolutely! I was going to be happy with asking so it's all gravy from here. If we can get this other one we have eyes for then it will be a real celebration. Otherwise there's a homelessness clock ticking for me while we figure out an alternative target.

Listening spaces were in fact a contending criteria. The two current spaces are not sufficiently insulated from child activity or appropriately shaped. Also they have the significant downside of being 750 miles apart.
I think if money was no object I would buy a farmhouse and convert an old barn into my listening area. I would still keep a small tidy listening station for the main house. but a nice converted/climate controlled old barn with wall to wall built in cabinets and a nice work bench so I could work on shit while spinning. It would be epic.

I think if money was no object I would buy a farmhouse and convert an old barn into my listening area. I would still keep a small tidy listening station for the main house. but a nice converted/climate controlled old barn with wall to wall built in cabinets and a nice work bench so I could work on shit while spinning. It would be epic.

Homestly I’d be tempted to convert the barn and live in it. Flog the house when it’s done to cover the conversion cost. I love double height spaces and exposed wood framing!

Last edited:
FUCKING JUBILEES BITCHES.

Let’s see if I’m doing this right… “I did a thing”

Ended up deciding to take a MC journey with the LO Sumiko Songbird and deciding to pair in with the Darlington MP-7/SU-7. I was kinda between going all out and decided to reel it back, a little. Overall excited to explore some new components and had a screaming deal on the Songbird that I felt like I couldn’t pass up dipping my toes into MC world.

Now the waiting game!
The Darlington Labs MP-7/SU 7 is quite nice.

Leave them on for the first month. Don’t turn them off. If it were me, I’d never turn them off.

The manual says to hook the ground wire to the SU-7. I found that using the MP-7 ground was far quieter. YMMV.

Yes. That is the comically too small for the Jubilees listening room in one of my locals.

But to be fair, you'd need like an empty warehouse in order to have the correct sized listening room
So this room is just set up like this all the time or was this how you got sold that black box thingamajig?

So this room is just set up like this all the time or was this how you got sold that black box thingamajig?
I think as long as they have the Jubilees, they're in there.
And no they didn't have anything to do with me buying the Halo, I had already ordered it when I came in to check out the store and ran into the Jubilees. However they did have the Jubilees hooked up to a complete Halo suite so that made me smile either way.

I think as long as they have the Jubilees, they're in there.
And no they didn't have anything to do with me buying the Halo, I had already ordered it when I came in to check out the store and ran into the Jubilees. However they did have the Jubilees hooked up to a complete Halo suite so that made me smile either way.
and the source was a node? lol. seems... um... outclassed.

Back