Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

my wife will be thrilled to spend saturday with me dialing in some new speakers!
Keep in mind the tip out out there about trying logos in/out and picking your favorite for you room/setup. Did you get stands too ? That's two more cubes worth of vinyl storage!, but better keep that from the wife! :giggle:

ps Farmers market here on Saturdays

Keep in mind the tip out out there about trying logos in/out and picking your favorite for you room/setup. Did you get stands too ? That's two more cubes worth of vinyl storage!, but better keep that from the wife! :giggle:

ps Farmers market here on Saturdays
Yep! They came with the stands which will be my vinyl storage in the living room. Most of my record storage is in my home office but will be able to store some records downstairs to have easy access! I'll test if theres a difference between logos in or out (i have my Dentons as logos inward) and mess with the toe in and everything. Got the BlueJean cables delivered the other day already. And new interconnects are on the way. The last two steps will be upgrading the amp (probably will go for the audiolab 6000-a if i find an open box in the next few months) and then finding a piece of furniture to store everything in + have the record player sit on top of.

Yep! They came with the stands which will be my vinyl storage in the living room. Most of my record storage is in my home office but will be able to store some records downstairs to have easy access! I'll test if theres a difference between logos in or out (i have my Dentons as logos inward) and mess with the toe in and everything. Got the BlueJean cables delivered the other day already. And new interconnects are on the way. The last two steps will be upgrading the amp (probably will go for the audiolab 6000-a if i find an open box in the next few months) and then finding a piece of furniture to store everything in + have the record player sit on top of.

The only thing with them as storage for LPs is that it’s really tight height wise so anything even slightly larger than normal won’t fit.

I found logos facing out better for my space but it entirely depends. From what I gather outside has the tweeters on the inside so focuses the image a bit more centrally but the other way around can increase the soundstage apparently but loses a bit of the image centring. What’s best for you will depend on the rest of your system and your room.

Again in my experience they like at the very least a 4cm toe in.

That said they really aren’t fussy speakers and they still sound pretty damn good even when not perfectly dialled in!

Did you decide against hunting for a vintage mid century cabinet and repurposing it for your system in the end?

The only thing with them as storage for LPs is that it’s really tight height wise do anything even slightly larger than normal won’t fit.

I found logos facing out better for my space but it entirely depends. From what I gather outside has the tweeters on the inside so focuses the image a bit more centrally but the other way around can increase the soundstage apparently but loses a bit of the image centring. What’s best for you will depend on the rest of your system and your room.

Again in my experience they like at the very least a 4cm toe in.

That said they really aren’t fussy speakers and they still sound pretty damn good even when not perfectly dialled in!

Did you decide against hunting for a vintage mid century cabinet and repurposing it for your system in the end?
I'm still hunting for a mid century cabinet but haven't had much luck lately. Prices have been pretty insane around here and it's a fairly specific size I would need. Has to be under 40" wide to fit on the wall. It's a strange layout of a room--the cabinet has to go on one side of the fireplace where there's a small stretch of wall and then an open door frame. Ideally would have a sliding door as well. Found one I liked and passed on it and now regret it a bit. I'm sure I'll find another one soon though!

I'm still hunting for a mid century cabinet but haven't had much luck lately. Prices have been pretty insane around here and it's a fairly specific size I would need. Has to be under 40" wide to fit on the wall. It's a strange layout of a room--the cabinet has to go on one side of the fireplace where there's a small stretch of wall and then an open door frame. Ideally would have a sliding door as well. Found one I liked and passed on it and now regret it a bit. I'm sure I'll find another one soon though!

True but you could go smaller too. It only needs just over 17” internal and that’s plenty wide enough for all but the fattest of gear!

Good luck with the hunt though, with things like that it’s well worth just keeping looking until the right thing comes up!

True but you could go smaller too. It only needs just over 17” internal and that’s plenty wide enough for all but the fattest of gear!

Good luck with the hunt though, with things like that it’s well worth just keeping looking until the right thing comes up!
Thought of that too--ideally would be wider to accommodate the Ultradeck and then either a record stand or flipbin on top. But keeping our eyes open for anything that might fit nicely! We decided to go the route of trying to buy furniture we actually like in our house instead of some temporary piece but I think we both can get impatient sometimes haha.

Thought of that too--ideally would be wider to accommodate the Ultradeck and then either a record stand or flipbin on top. But keeping our eyes open for anything that might fit nicely! We decided to go the route of trying to buy furniture we actually like in our house instead of some temporary piece but I think we both can get impatient sometimes haha.

Ah yeah fair enough if you want a bin on top too!

Yeah you’re 100% right. It can get frustrating but owning my place for just over ten years now has taught me that it’s 100% better for the planet (even more so if vintage), your wallet (long term) and your sanity to take the time to buy the right thing, even if it costs more, to last rather than churning a series of not quite right pieces first.

Mike, I literally reclaimed this unit before it went to the dump for nada. Cleaned it up, freshened up the finish, added some spikes and mass. Barely fits everything but it seems to match my vintage rig well. Keep your eyes open.

Mike, I literally reclaimed this unit before it went to the dump for nada. Cleaned it up, freshened up the finish, added some spikes and mass. Barely fits everything but it seems to match my vintage rig well. Keep your eyes open.
Nice! I'm always on the lookout and scour lots of places. Just have been picky about this since it'll be pretty visible in our house and not hidden in my office like my other setup!

Nice! I'm always on the lookout and scour lots of places. Just have been picky about this since it'll be pretty visible in our house and not hidden in my office like my other setup!
We have a Habitat for Humanity store nearby, they threw this out!
Not saying I don't love @AnthonyI and @Slimwhit33 new racks they have! ☺️ or the period pieces others do.

Last edited:
solid find! i have been making the rounds to the Habitat ReStores near me, facebook marketplace, estate sales, etc. only a matter of time I think before we find something we like!
I got a lot of my Mid Mod stuff off of Kijiji which I think is Canada only but basically like a better version marketplace/Craigslist.

You looking for something like this?

Ooooo look what what they have:

Back