Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Well, it's definitely pricey. But, my eyes have been getting worse every year and dialing in a cart has become a chore, then that minor frustration trickles into how much I spent on a cart just to have it not sound it's best due to my own "failing equipment", lol.

Anyway, I was pretty off to say the least, and I can boil it down to what makes the Dr. F so good, hitting the pivot point of your tone arm. It's supper simple and super accurate, the tubes are warming up and we'll see how the Hana SL sounds now.

View attachment 112936
Hmmmm. What parts of the setup does it handle?

Just overhang, but honestly, VTA is much easier to achieve and at a small price. I have this and it works perfectly.
Amazon product ASIN B0771Z3XMH
Thanks, much appreciated. Is it what everybody would recommend for VTA? Any other options out there?
I feel for the price of the Dr Feickert, they could have included such tools for VTA and azymuth...

As I get closer to buying some Lintons + a new amp, what specs should i look for in a new amp that would be a good pairing with Lintons? I've been looking through various Marantz amps as options (new/used/open box). Looking to spend under $750 at this point. I've seen the PM7005 for $750 refurb from MD, open box PM6007 for $699 through TTL (or new for $799), PM8004 on audiogon for $540 shipped and a few others...

In terms of connectivity, I'll be connecting my Aries Mini to it for Roon + digital streaming, a turntable (will probably move my Thorens with Gold 3 downstairs), and an external preamp (either the Jolida JD-9 or the Musical Fidelity LX-LPS). If the amp I get has a nice enough DAC onboard, I may just use that, or I could connect my Singxer DAC to it too.

I'm okay to spend a little more if needed for something that can be pretty much an end-game amp. i know the NAD and the Marantz have been recommended to me. maybe i'm also just overthinking it as usual and should go with the NAD or Marantz that was recommended here already...

As I get closer to buying some Lintons + a new amp, what specs should i look for in a new amp that would be a good pairing with Lintons? I've been looking through various Marantz amps as options (new/used/open box). Looking to spend under $750 at this point. I've seen the PM7005 for $750 refurb from MD, open box PM6007 for $699 through TTL (or new for $799), PM8004 on audiogon for $540 shipped and a few others...

In terms of connectivity, I'll be connecting my Aries Mini to it for Roon + digital streaming, a turntable (will probably move my Thorens with Gold 3 downstairs), and an external preamp (either the Jolida JD-9 or the Musical Fidelity LX-LPS). If the amp I get has a nice enough DAC onboard, I may just use that, or I could connect my Singxer DAC to it too.

I'm okay to spend a little more if needed for something that can be pretty much an end-game amp. i know the NAD and the Marantz have been recommended to me. maybe i'm also just overthinking it as usual and should go with the NAD or Marantz that was recommended here already...
Those are probably the best two new brands at that price point Mike, I think @HiFi Guy would agree. Unless you wanted to get into a vintage integrated or reciever ?

Those are probably the best two new brands at that price point Mike, I think @HiFi Guy would agree. Unless you wanted to get into a vintage integrated or reciever ?
as much as I love vintage gear, I don't really know enough about fixing anything up myself if it breaks. Don't have any local hifi stores either that could easily repair stuff for me so it's all a bit of a headache for me.

as much as I love vintage gear, I don't really know enough about fixing anything up myself if it breaks. Don't have any local hifi stores either that could easily repair stuff for me so it's all a bit of a headache for me.

The Lintons aren’t picky and are reasonably efficient. If the amp has a 4 ohm tap that would be a nice call as they can dip down that far.

Back