Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

well this is....a thing!

MoFi_Electronics_Fender_PrecisionDeck_Sunburst_02_Front_Record_1200x.jpg
🤢🤢🤢🤮

well this is....a thing!

WOW! I always thought that it wasn’t a handsome table as it was but that’s just minging!

I love my UD and it's looks, but I'm with you here @Joe Mac ................. not sure what the thought process was.

It a bit monolithic for my taste but it’s the heavily tinted dust cover that really puts me off. I never did like black glass on furniture lol.

By the sounds of it a guy from fender saw a UD and thought:

“I know let’s put my sunburst guitar colour on this”

Approached Mofi and they said sure why not.

It a bit monolithic for my taste but it’s the heavily tinted dust cover that really puts me off. I never did like black glass on furniture lol.

What I do find interesting here is the name Precision Deck. It looks much different from the UD and SD, is this hinting at a new high end deck from MoFi, something to trump the UD?

Who knows, but I can also see it appealing to some. It would match my guitar though :)
20210921_115415.jpg

What I do find interesting here is the name Precision Deck. It looks much different from the UD and SD, is this hinting at a new high end deck from MoFi, something to trump the UD?

Again in the blurb it states it’s an ultra deck but with a few damping improvement because the wood finish resonates more than the usual one. Precision is a nod to a line of fender guitars apparently.

I don't hate it. It's not for my decor, but it's nifty.

It appears to be largely an Ultradeck, but the entire plinth is custom made by Fender.

well this is....a thing!

Who knows, but I can also see it appealing to some. It would match my guitar though :)
View attachment 112844
Ritchie Blackmore edition ? :giggle:

Glad to see people are discussing that deck. I like MOFI. Have seriously thought about getting one of their decks in the past.

I love, love Fender guitars and amps (although my Tele might disagree cause it hasnt been been picked up since I got my Yamaha semi-hollow) and what Leo Fender did later with G&L. I think they're probably the best major guitar company out there (with better singular examples of both guitars and amps out there but as a whole think they've built the best brand).

Sunburst is also one of my favorite finishes on a guitar (unless it is a Tele then give me butterscotch blonde).

HOWEVER, that deck is...hmmm...how nice do I want to be? Nice...not what I want to see on my rack. Knee jerk and not so nice....ugly AF.

Sat in on a live stream last night with Jon Derda from MoFi Dist. he discussed the Fender deck a bit and in all honesty, it is a niche thing. Fender approached them over a year ago to do something for their 75th Anniv. this year and this is what they came up with. I like the direction they took with the plinth and Fender, the rest is completely an UltraDeck. That being said, it looks exactly like what that colab should, and at least Fender went with solid TT "guts" :)

It's not a production model. limited to 1000 units and it's pretty much sold out. They could have gone this route, lol

Last edited:
Well, it's definitely pricey. But, my eyes have been getting worse every year and dialing in a cart has become a chore, then that minor frustration trickles into how much I spent on a cart just to have it not sound it's best due to my own "failing equipment", lol.

Anyway, I was pretty off to say the least, and I can boil it down to what makes the Dr. F so good, hitting the pivot point of your tone arm. It's supper simple and super accurate, the tubes are warming up and we'll see how the Hana SL sounds now.

20210922_150229.jpg

Well, it's definitely pricey. But, my eyes have been getting worse every year and dialing in a cart has become a chore, then that minor frustration trickles into how much I spent on a cart just to have it not sound it's best due to my own "failing equipment", lol.

Anyway, I was pretty off to say the least, and I can boil it down to what makes the Dr. F so good, hitting the pivot point of your tone arm. It's supper simple and super accurate, the tubes are warming up and we'll see how the Hana SL sounds now.

View attachment 112936
3 albums in and I'm happy I made the investment :)

Back