Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Also check out his episode of the show Characters on Netflix if you haven't already--it's pretty much a pilot episode for ITYSL.
Nice, I really enjoyed his Comedy Central show, Detroiters and his SNL stuff was usually pleasantly strange but haven’t heard of this one. I’ll check it out.

Nice, I really enjoyed his Comedy Central show, Detroiters and his SNL stuff was usually pleasantly strange but haven’t heard of this one. I’ll check it out.
It was how I found out about Tim Robinson since I didn't really watch much SNL. My old roommate worked on the Characters show for Netflix and Tim was one of the comedians who got an episode. We all watched it and quoted it for months (still do to be honest). Our friend even named his cocktail bar in NYC after one of the skits in it -- Mister Paradise. It's so delightfully dumb. I've watched pretty much everything he has done since.

And Detroiters is a criminally underrated show.

Yes that is, a very odd perspective. They are definitely not that bigView attachment 112322

Even on the stands they don't reach my waist. But I am 6'1". So maybe he's tiny? But unless his shoulder width is about 1.8 feet across, I'm thinking that speaker is about 10 feet in front of him.
I would totally bring these over and throw them at your grills

C882574F-FB66-4539-AF29-B59660C4A343.jpeg

I'll pop the orange on tonight and take a couple pics. I like the blue currently, but that's partly because my room skews warmer with the colors currently in there. So I like the pop of blue.
you'll have to let us know if they sound different! ;)
Orange is young, full of daring
But very unsteady for the first go round

20210916_215625.jpg
Welp, speakers have been officially dialed in. Time to run though all 600 records I own. Gotta say considering how challenging my room is in terms of speakers stuck in corners, giant metal coffee tables, couches in front of speakers etc, even the uncorrected frequency response on these things are shockingly neutral and flat. Very impressive because my room SUCKS in terms of being a well laid out listening room.

View attachment 112585
Welp, speakers have been officially dialed in. Time to run though all 600 records I own. Gotta say considering how challenging my room is in terms of speakers stuck in corners, giant metal coffee tables, couches in front of speakers etc, even the uncorrected frequency response on these things are shockingly neutral and flat. Very impressive because my room SUCKS in terms of being a well laid out listening room.
Now make them orange, you silly goose.

What is your luck with open box... It seems like a crapshoot between basically the same item at a discount and "doesn't include most of the accessories"

I never used open box so I wonder

What is your luck with open box... It seems like a crapshoot between basically the same item at a discount and "doesn't include most of the accessories"

It seems that open box items from reputable dealers include everything that would come with the item when new. Open box items also typically carry warranties that are the same as if you bought new. The only question is whether there will be any evidence of use, or (typically light) superficial imperfections. Shouldn't be much of a crapshoot and you can always ask for more information than may be listed in an online description if you want to know more. If my memory serves, most here who have gone the open box route have been quite happy with the results.

It seems that open box items from reputable dealers include everything that would come with the item when new. Open box items also typically carry warranties that are the same as if you bought new. The only question is whether there will be any evidence of use, or (typically light) superficial imperfections. Shouldn't be much of a crapshoot and you can always ask for more information than may be listed in an online description if you want to know more. If my memory serves, most here who have gone the open box route have been quite happy with the results.
Eh I guess I'm just paranoid because "what is the person cast a curse on this or put covid in it"

I know it's stupid but I'm not kidding.. even though I got my headphones, my cartridge, and my preamp used

Eh I guess I'm just paranoid because "what is the person cast a curse on this or put covid in it"

I know it's stupid but I'm not kidding.. even though I got my headphones, my cartridge, and my preamp used
Used private is more risky than open box from a retailer that has a reputation. I got my turntable and more than one expensive stylus open box. Only one had an issue and the dealer rectified it. It's a great way to get good gear at savings.

My only experience is open boxes with Music Direct and I can recommend it. Many here also bought OB from them and it’s always like new.

Back