Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I’d go Fluance if only for the servo controlled motor. And it comes with a decent cartridge.
@ranbalam the Fluance motor is great. Dead quiet, absolutely spot on speed. The arm is fine at that price point. I think the Pro-Ject carbon arm sounds more engaging to my ear, but there’s certainly nothing wrong or detrimental with Fluance’s - for some reason, that’s the thing that people seem to take exception with on that table? Always tracked well for me! It’s not the most detailed presentation out there, but it’s rock solid. I would definitely be curious to hear the Carbon Evo - I really liked my original Carbon until the motor started acting up.

Yep, pics coming at some point. First I need to mount my new TV to the wall; where the old TV currently sits is where the new TT will go. Major changes coming to the family room set-up, hence my activity in the vinyl storage thread too!

Which colour did you go for in the end? I really like the look of the new bamboo one on their website but I’m yet to see it in the wild!

I went natural walnut...I really like the look of that, in the pics anyway.

Yeah i like both the bamboo and the walnut from their website pictures alright, the call between the two comes down to the style you’re going for really. I’ve just seen a lot of the walnut in the wild on here and am kinda curious to see the bamboo in a real world setting 😂

Yeah i like both the bamboo and the walnut from their website pictures alright, the call between the two comes down to the style you’re going for really. I’ve just seen a lot of the walnut in the wild on here and am kinda curious to see the bamboo in a real world setting 😂
Me too. The walnut presents really nicely - the plinth is great! Surprisingly hefty.

Anyone have any experience with connecting a turntable to a set of active/powered speakers? Planning well in advance for a second system and wondering if this is an option. I have a separate phono stage, so I can go phono>speakers no bother.

Anyone have any experience with connecting a turntable to a set of active/powered speakers? Planning well in advance for a second system and wondering if this is an option. I have a separate phono stage, so I can go phono>speakers no bother.
It is! Though there is typically a synergy with a good turntable in a passive system.

The statement "hands down my favorite speaker I have every reviewed in the $2000 price range," coming from Zero Fidelity certainly catches my attention.

Awesome. Any stick-out speakers the forum recommends? Got Kef LSX's on my radar, but not much else. Fancy something I can stream off as well.
I only tried the Klipsch R-15PM's, they were fine, but lacked any real power behind them. They didn't last long and went back before the return window closed. At that point we ditched the "clean" set up for ELACs, Pre and amp, lol
IMG_3510B.jpg

Back