Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I can't seem to find an MX-VNYL. I had one purchased and then got an email that they are out and it is discontinued for them. Any other suggestions for a similar upgrade to my phono, or know where I can find one? Thanks! PS there is a silver one but I'd prefer black.

I can't seem to find an MX-VNYL. I had one purchased and then got an email that they are out and it is discontinued for them. Any other suggestions for a similar upgrade to my phono, or know where I can find one? Thanks! PS there is a silver one but I'd prefer black.
Not sure what price you found, but here's one at High Fi Heaven.

M6 Vinyl from Musical Fidelity.
I'm not familiar with the M6, but getting $800 off the price might be something to consider if you can swing it. That being said, if you can't find the VYNL you might want to consider the LX2-LPS that has a small footprint and is priced at $350.

Is the size of the unit an issue? And I'm sorry, did you have a budget you were trying to stay within?

I'm not familiar with the M6, but getting $800 off the price might be something to consider if you can swing it. That being said, if you can't find the VYNL you might want to consider the LX2-LPS that has a small footprint and is priced at $350.

Is the size of the unit an issue? And I'm sorry, did you have a budget you were trying to stay within?
Yes size is for me. I'm downsizing but upgrading amp already to fit a spot (it's a marriage thing which I'm working to my advantage). I'd like one under 1k.

Yes size is for me. I'm downsizing but upgrading amp already to fit a spot (it's a marriage thing which I'm working to my advantage). I'd like one under 1k.
Gotcha, I'd add the Sutherland KC Vibe to your list of possibilities. I had one, though they have recently updated it to a V2, smaller footprint, really nice stage.

It was the price listed there (799), but they emailed me that it is not in stock and would be discontinued, then offered me an 1800 phono for 1k. But it was a HUGE piece of equipment and more than I need.

Also thanks for checking!
This is at least the 3rd time I've heard this story about an attempted purchase at hifi heaven. List something they don't have, then offer a deal on a more expensive piece. They seem a little bait and switchy to me.

This is at least the 3rd time I've heard this story about an attempted purchase at hifi heaven. List something they don't have, then offer a deal on a more expensive piece. They seem a little bait and switchy to me.
Is it a bait and switch when they sell you something better for the same money, though?

This is actually how I got my Soundsmith. Tried to buy a previous model on closeout for $1300 and they had run out, so they sold me the new one ($1999) for the same price.

Is it a bait and switch when they sell you something better for the same money, though?

This is actually how I got my Soundsmith. Tried to buy a previous model on closeout for $1300 and they had run out, so they sold me the new one ($1999) for the same price.
True. In every situation I’ve seen, they have offered massive discounts on a better item.

seems like their poor inventory management is our gain.

That said, the M6 Vinyl seems like its going for $1200 right now, so at $1000 it’s a nice discount, but not a screaming deal.

That’s probably because it’s supposedly been discontinued too 😂

The M3x seems to be the new kid on the block for MF phono stages.

Back