Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

The Orbit feet are tapered, you can do the "double plinth" if you want, but It might be a little overkill. The Orbit feet will either rest all the way in the vibropod recess, or they'll rest on the rim, either of which is fine. It'll look something like this..........

I did this exact same thing with my Technics SL1200, and it nearly eliminated the thumping from my kids running around. The Orbit feet are way better suited to the vibrapods than my Technics was. I can't say the vibrapods made any additional difference beyond quieting the louder thumps and bumps though.
I was thinking of going with the Isonoe feet for the PLX, but damn, are they expensive. I may end up doing butcher blocks under each TT eventually, I have a marble slab under my UD, but marble is getting pricey too.
Amazon product ASIN B07MFNMSJW

I was thinking of going with the Isonoe feet for the PLX, but damn, are they expensive. I may end up doing butcher blocks under each TT eventually, I have a marble slab under my UD, but marble is getting pricey too.

The IKEA bamboo butcher block chopping boards are frighteningly good value. I have them under a few components.

I've a set on order.... And the oyaide BR12. Couldn't stretch to the matching oyaide weight but got an audio technica 618 for 20 quid as a place holder... Which as far as I can tell makes no audible difference

You can order these direct from the company for the same price with free shipping. They have a lot more sizes and other woods too.

Last edited:
Trying a new amp and Immediately the new amp has a wider soundstage and more detail than My first one. Guitar is a tiny bit further back in the mix and cymbals are a bit splashier. Are these things that will change any with time? Obviously Jazz and classical it loves.

Trying a new amp and Immediately the new amp has a wider soundstage and more detail than My first one. Guitar is a tiny bit further back in the mix and cymbals are a bit splashier. Are these things that will change any with time? Obviously Jazz and classical it loves.
Hard to say how your specific amp might change, but burn in is real. My current amp started it's life a little harsh in the upper frequencies and then smoothed out after a couple weeks of heavy use. Sounds like the upper frequencies are a bit more pronounced than the midrange on your amp at the moment. Perhaps that will even out a bit with time.

The Orbit feet are tapered, you can do the "double plinth" if you want, but It might be a little overkill. The Orbit feet will either rest all the way in the vibropod recess, or they'll rest on the rim, either of which is fine. It'll look something like this..........
View attachment 78366
im guessing a model 1 of them is good enough

just wanna make sure before i buy

im guessing a model 1 of them is good enough

just wanna make sure before i buy
I would get the model 2 or 3, that way if you ever upgrade your TT you can move them to something else, or the new TT depending on what you get. With the price being the same, you might as well give yourself as much flexibility as possible ;)

If my NAD ever conked out I think that's the route I would go too ;)
I like that it’s a good fit for my DWs and that it’s made here in the States. Not that I’m opposed to supporting products from other countries. And the wattage is more than enough for my listening space.

That being said, I just watched a review on the Music Fidelity M5si 😂

turns out those target shelves aren't supposed to be stacked (i haven't tried it myself but the target Q&A outright say "we do not intend these to be stacked").. so that makes me a little more stressed about how kind of storage i will do since im getting close to my last record cube and i am nowhere near an ikea kallax

Unless something pops up on my radar in the next month or so, my next amp is going to be the Rogue Audio Sphinx V3.
I’ve thought about tubes and I’m not ready to go down that road.
Should be sweet with your DWs according to Zu. The Sphinx does have a couple tubes. It's a hybrid, so not a full complement, but still tubes. It's supposed to have a more “tubey” sound than the earlier version.

turns out those target shelves aren't supposed to be stacked (i haven't tried it myself but the target Q&A outright say "we do not intend these to be stacked").. so that makes me a little more stressed about how kind of storage i will do since im getting close to my last record cube and i am nowhere near an ikea kallax
What about the ones from Walmart?

Should be sweet with your DWs according to Zu. The Sphinx does have a couple tubes. It's a hybrid, so not a full complement, but still tubes. It's supposed to have a more “tubey” sound than the earlier version.
Yeah I saw that. I think I can handle those tubes. I’m just not ready for full tube amp and the additional costs of replacing them.

What about the ones from Walmart?
tbh.... these literally look the exact same
No company is going to advise stacking unless they have some sort of anti-fall coupling built in. We had target ones stacked and 70-ish% full at my wife’s house before we moved in together. Zero issues.
oh thanks for that... they also say some stuff about "dont put a TV on top" but it fits big TVs it seems

Ok I think I'm going for the Wharfedale 80s and trying to save up for them now. I like everything I've read about them, they look great. Tech specs look good as well.

Question : I'll upgrade my amp at a later time. Would I be able to run it on the vintage amp I've currently got or could I risk damaging something. The amp I have is listed at "Power output: 25 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)". I don't really blast my music if you know what I mean.

Could you guys confirm if this would be safe? The Wharfedale Denton specs show 6Ω

Back