Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I love the Music Direct catalogs. Also would love to hear a Fickert table. Really like the look of those.
tbh it actually really feels better than when i get emails from MD about their spam every day

like it feels more interesting to see the ads

on a whole different note... when do you know your audioquest record brush needs to be replaced... because i am nervous i have accidentally covered it in my hand oils and stuff

tbh it actually really feels better than when i get emails from MD about their spam every day

like it feels more interesting to see the ads

on a whole different note... when do you know your audioquest record brush needs to be replaced... because i am nervous i have accidentally covered it in my hand oils and stuff
Never felt the need to replace mine. I'd say save a few bucks and get one from Amazon. At least half of that price is for their logo.

So this forum is amazing ..I’ve managed to successfully add bridging jump wires to my bi wireable speakers and transformed them beyond recognition after 20 years..and I can not believe the difference a dedicated separate phono stage makes to a turntable over a built in one ..hats off to you all ...

But to prove your worth beyond doubt ..who can tell me what this triangle thing is for that came with my new pro-ject esprit

6314B333-959E-4A10-A621-165C85911592.jpeg

So this forum is amazing ..I’ve managed to successfully add bridging jump wires to my bi wireable speakers and transformed them beyond recognition after 20 years..and I can not believe the difference a dedicated separate phono stage makes to a turntable over a built in one ..hats off to you all ...

But to prove your worth beyond doubt ..who can tell me what this triangle thing is for that came with my new pro-ject esprit

View attachment 76802

It’s a 7” adaptor! If you get a single that’s had the middle taken out (either made that way or for it’s been removed use in a jukebox) you use that over the normal spindle and the 7” over it to make it fit!

It’s a 7” adaptor! If you get a single that’s had the middle taken out (either made that way or for it’s been removed use in a jukebox) you use that over the normal spindle and the 7” over it to make it fit!
I thought it was !

Hats off to @Joe Mac once again ...and that musical fidelity phono stage is superb...loving the new downstairs set up ..thanks for your input ..the esprit is a big upgrade to my essential..it’s so quiet !

I thought it was !

Hats off to @Joe Mac once again ...and that musical fidelity phono stage is superb...loving the new downstairs set up ..thanks for your input ..the esprit is a big upgrade to my essential..it’s so quiet !

I only know because I’ve got the same table so I have one of those too 😂

That’s great I do really like the table myself and musical fidelity make some really nice gear! There are a few nice little upgrades too down the line if the curiosity ever overcomes you!

I was browsing the Music Direct catalog and noticed the Jolida Black ice, apparently a tube buffer. I am interested in people's thoughts on that. Do you just plug it between phono preamp and amp to add tubey sound to your system? Is it any good?

Last edited:
When you order something and it’s drop shipped, does that tend to take longer than ordering direct?

Not inherently. The seller should be passing the purchase info to the manufacturer upon completion of the sale for fulfillment right away.
Hmm....I ordered something 2 weeks ago and was told it would take about 2 weeks and I’ve heard nothing.

Hmm....I ordered something 2 weeks ago and was told it would take about 2 weeks and I’ve heard nothing.
I suppose that's the real complication - the folks you paid are not also the folks in charge of shipping. Tell me you bought a Luxman integrated from Music Direct! Pretty sure they drop ship those.

EDIT: So that's a no on the $5k amp?

Last edited:
I suppose that's the real complication - the folks you paid are not also the folks in charge of shipping. Tell me you bought a Luxman integrated from Music Direct! Pretty sure they drop ship those.

No to the Luxman. In fact, I haven’t even paid or been charged. Was told that I would get that information via email. I’m starting to think that the order was never placed.

I was browsing the Music Direct catalog and noticed the Jolida Black ice, apparently a tube buffer. I am interested in people's thoughts on that. Do you just plug it between phono preamp and amp to add tubey sound to your system? Is it any good?
Do you have a link? Jolida rebranded to Black Ice, so that's not the model name.

Generally though a tube buffer works pretty much how you described it, takes the signal through a tube circuit to add a little tube magic.

Generally I'd want that done in the initial analog stage as the primary signal path, but some people enjoy tube buffers in this type of set up.

Do you have a link? Jolida rebranded to Black Ice, so that's not the model name.

Generally though a tube buffer works pretty much how you described it, takes the signal through a tube circuit to add a little tube magic.

Generally I'd want that done in the initial analog stage as the primary signal path, but some people enjoy tube buffers in this type of set up.

That's the one.

Back