Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Thanks, guys! Sorry for the amateurish intro; this forum and my tablet are not getting along!
Well I don't know about the rest of you but as far as I'm concerned that first message has now been indelibly etched upon your soul, you will never escape it and the stigma that comes with it... GOOD LUCK ESCAPING IT.

cough... ahem... I'm.... I'm sorry I... I don't know what came over m-SCARLET LETTER I TELL YOU-cough... I'm... I'm sorry again... I think I have a cold...

Also yes, this forum does strange things to my phone too.

Well I don't know about the rest of you but as far as I'm concerned that first message has now been indelibly etched upon your soul, you will never escape it and the stigma that comes with it... GOOD LUCK ESCAPING IT.

cough... ahem... I'm.... I'm sorry I... I don't know what came over m-SCARLET LETTER I TELL YOU-cough... I'm... I'm sorry again... I think I have a cold...

I didn’t see it before it was deleted! Shame as it sounds exciting.

Burn him, I say!
Oh, the humanity!

Not sure if the quote function is working for me. Best skulk away now in shame and regret.

Burn him, I say!
Oh, the humanity!

Funny story. I'm actually the direct descendant of the chief witch burner during by the Salem Witch Trials, "Cotton Mather", and his son "Increase". So my family has a history of burning people for like, pretty much no logical reason whatsoever... YOU'RE ALL ON NOTICE

Funny story. I'm actually the direct descendant of the chief witch burner during by the Salem Witch Trials, "Cotton Mather", and his son "Increase". So my family has a history of burning people for like, pretty much no logical reason whatsoever... YOU'RE ALL ON NOTICE
.....and you wonder why all your vinyl is warped ;)

Nice to make your acquaintance???

(Runs headlong for the exit).

So I intended to come here and gently ask a question of this fine and learned group, but wait what??

"descended from Cotton Mather" pretty much stopped me in my tracks. All my days wishes are complete.
Glad to be of service, I still get letters asking if I want to attend the family reunions. Which I would imagine include weenie roasting, wheelbarrow races and THE RITUALISTIC BURNING OF THE HERETICS AND ALL THAT OPPOSE US

Last edited:
So I intended to come here and gently ask a question of this fine and learned group, but wait what??

"descended from Cotton Mather" pretty much stopped me in my tracks. All my days wishes are complete.
oh, and later on (perhaps tomorrow?) I'll humbly ask a question around exactly which outputs (ohm) I am supposed to connect the Devore O/96 speakers to on the PrimaLuna EVO 400 amp so that I don't light the house on fire (because, witches, also, possibly electricity). The speakers are measured at 10 Ohms and hypothetically never going below ~8.75 -- and I have no idea how to translate that into the right taps (because, well, ignorance)

oh, and later on (perhaps tomorrow?) I'll humbly ask a question around exactly which outputs (ohm) I am supposed to connect the Devore O/96 speakers to on the PrimaLuna EVO 400 amp so that I don't light the house on fire (because, witches, also, possibly electricity). The speakers are measured at 10 Ohms and hypothetically never going below ~8.75 -- and I have no idea how to translate that into the right taps (because, well, ignorance)

You'll always use the black (or white, depending on your amp) tap, plus whichever red tap is closest to the rated impedence of your speakers. In your case, the 8 Ohm taps.

Glad to be of service, I still get letters asking if I want to attend the family reunions. Which I would imagine include weenie roasting, wheelbarrow races and a THE RITUALISTIC BURNING OF THE HERETICS
Fun fact: I got an email once inviting me to a secret meeting of Free Masons in the UK. There was an attachment which said it was an induction ceremony for new members after proving they could be trusted. The details of the ceremony and event must be kept secret at all costs or the consequences could be fatal. I then got a follow up email saying please disregard and they had meant to send it to my name at me.com instead of gmail.com and that email was meant for a different Mike H :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Fun fact: I got an email once inviting me to a secret meeting of Free Masons in the UK. There was an attachment which said it was an induction ceremony for new members after proving they could be trusted. The details of the ceremony and event must be kept secret at all costs or the consequences could be fatal. I then got a follow up email saying please disregard and they had meant to send it to my name at me.com instead of gmail.com and that email was meant for a different Mike H :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well on the positive that means that you’re not a cop...

Back