Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

My wantlist's not fully restored. It says 1615 but on the app it says 1639. I can see a few of the records i added before it crashed are missing but i'm not sure what else.

Random - ordered from a new seller who only had 3 positive feedback ratings, no neutral/negative. He forgot to put my apartment number on the package but luckily I was able to retrieve it from the post office this morning before it was returned to sender. It was packaged great and showed up exactly as graded, but like I said, it almost was returned to sender because of his error.

Would you provide neutral feedback? Or what feedback would you provide? He was quick to respond and offer to send the other copy he had but I told him to hold off just in case I was able to snag it. He said he thought he put the apartment number but he definitely didn’t. I’d say all things considered it wasn’t a negative experience, so I’d say neutral is warranted. Would you all agree?

Random - ordered from a new seller who only had 3 positive feedback ratings, no neutral/negative. He forgot to put my apartment number on the package but luckily I was able to retrieve it from the post office this morning before it was returned to sender. It was packaged great and showed up exactly as graded, but like I said, it almost was returned to sender because of his error.

Would you provide neutral feedback? Or what feedback would you provide? He was quick to respond and offer to send the other copy he had but I told him to hold off just in case I was able to snag it. He said he thought he put the apartment number but he definitely didn’t. I’d say all things considered it wasn’t a negative experience, so I’d say neutral is warranted. Would you all agree?
Being a new seller once, I certainly made my share of mistakes. I would give him a pass as he seemed conscientious and wanted to do the right thing.

Discogs sellers live and die by their ratings and a neutral to me is a negative.

Being a new seller once, I certainly made my share of mistakes. I would give him a pass as he seemed conscientious and wanted to do the right thing.

Discogs sellers live and die by their ratings and a neutral to me is a negative.
Yeah and that’s why I wanted to get some additional perspective here first. I occasionally sell on the platform too but it’s more of a hobby for me, and unfortunately for my seller rating I’ve had more negotiated transactions that usually result in private sales where positive (or any) feedback can’t be left even though everyone’s always been happy upon receipt. Definitely understand how important early feedback is which is why I at least want to leave some rating.

Neutrals are usually negative to me too, but attention to detail is important and thankfully I’ve been in this position before so I knew how to handle it. Wouldn’t want this to happen to anyone else, that’s for sure. I think I’ll end up leaving positive feedback, hopefully he’ll use this as a learning experience haha

I think no rating or a positive with a comment about how there was a hiccup but all ended well seem fair.

I think the lesson being delivered with a neutral/negative feedback, IMO, isn’t quite as warranted for this kind of mistake, especially if they actually packed well and shipped promptly and responded to messages quickly which I think are the areas where sellers can be habitual offenders. I could see myself mistakenly omitting an apartment number randomly once while packing and printing labels and multi-tasking, etc. and never doing it again.

If you feel like you need to address it via feedback to start a paper trail for what could be an issue for this new seller, I think mentioning it in the comment of a positive review is what I’d do. But, in the end, you gotta do what feels best from your POV whether it’s a neutral or any other option.

I think no rating or a positive with a comment about how there was a hiccup but all ended well seem fair.

I think the lesson being delivered with a neutral/negative feedback, IMO, isn’t quite as warranted for this kind of mistake, especially if they actually packed well and shipped promptly and responded to messages quickly which I think are the areas where sellers can be habitual offenders. I could see myself mistakenly omitting an apartment number randomly once while packing and printing labels and multi-tasking, etc. and never doing it again.

If you feel like you need to address it via feedback to start a paper trail for what could be an issue for this new seller, I think mentioning it in the comment of a positive review is what I’d do. But, in the end, you gotta do what feels best from your POV whether it’s a neutral or any other option.

I very much agree with mentioning it in comment on a positive review. And mentioning that he immediately started working to make it right. Mistakes can and will happen, how they are handled by those who make them is huge. Obviously I'd prefer a mistake-free experience, but if a person has shown they'll do whatever they can to make it right if they've screwed up, I'm definitely willing to do business with them.

why-whyyy.gif

Glad it’s not just me that’s unimpressed with Discogs now - can’t use it on my old iPad as runs too slow with all the stupid video links - and the app on my phone is very annoying imo -
It’s always been nothing more than a glorified spreadsheet. But now that spreadsheet has ads and terrible thinkpieces

Back