Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Why the fuck do I have to accept or reject cookies on EVERY SINGLE PAGE while logged in all of a sudden?!
(Samsung Internet, at least - I haven't tried on my laptop recently)

am i missing something here?

from what i can tell, they are merging (and it got voted through now) two releases that have distinct back cover art- the copyright etc. text in the lower left is unique to each release entry, most easily seen by the fact that there are four lines of text on one and five lines of text on the other.
Man Lloyd and an extra amount of knuckleheads recently. Discogs is the suck.

@GentleSenator You guys made the wrong call on that Kate Bush release. (https://www.discogs.com/release/289...&utm_source=relationship&utm_medium=pm#latest)

The release date is today per Alliance, Monostereo, URP, and AllMediaSupply.

And here it is for retail sale.

And I was able to push from the distributor last tuesday.

Further:

Your rough trade link Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow (2018 Remaster) - (Vinyl LP, CD) | Rough Trade

Says Friday not December. Which they probably did so it aligned on their new release page.

Last edited:
@GentleSenator You guys made the wrong call on that Kate Bush release. (https://www.discogs.com/release/289...&utm_source=relationship&utm_medium=pm#latest)

The release date is today per Alliance, Monostereo, URP, and AllMediaSupply.

And here it is for retail sale.

And I was able to push from the distributor last tuesday.

Further:

Your rough trade link Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow (2018 Remaster) - (Vinyl LP, CD) | Rough Trade

Says Friday not December. Which they probably did so it aligned on their new release page.

cool. any release submitted before the release date, be it a few days away or a month away needs to include an actual image or photo. it's the very first guideline. following the rules helps eliminate any confusion, especially when it comes to moving release dates.

cool. any release submitted before the release date, be it a few days away or a month away needs to include an actual image or photo. it's the very first guideline. following the rules helps eliminate any confusion, especially when it comes to moving release dates.

As you can now see the release date is today so it is not before the release date.

I placed my first order on cogs in a while. What a giant pain in the ass. “Mobile” site (I still can’t get the mobile site to load) wouldn’t let me check out. App did from the cogs message but it gave me an error on payment, but payment went through. So who the fuck knows what happened. Anyhow, Fuck Chad now refers to Chad and Lloyd.

Last edited:
stupid request for help, I'm sure....
how do you add a new version of a record?
I've tried to go through the guidelines, but I'm lost.
It's for Sparkle Division - Foxy
There's only 1 vinyl version listed (limited edition/opaque red) but I have a different version (140g/standard black).
all the rest is absolutely identical to the master release.....
how to go about with the edit?

Edit/I've submitted as a new release and I'm waiting for its approval.
was looking for shortcuts.... hopefully it worked

Last edited:
There's only 1 vinyl version listed (limited edition/opaque red) but I have a different version (140g/standard black).

You can copy the entry that was there to a new entry and then change the info that’s different to fit your release.

Merging with the master release is different than before. Now you have to copy the release code, then navigate through "edit master release" a couple of times, and paste the release code number in the appropriate window.

1701103230764.png

1701103262805.png

1701103184899.png

Nothing is really intuitive or spelled out in the guidelines for this anymore.
Glad to help.
Cheers!

Merging with the master release is different than before. Now you have to copy the release code, then navigate through "edit master release" a couple of times, and paste the release code number in the appropriate window.

View attachment 188777

View attachment 188778

View attachment 188776

Nothing is really intuitive or spelled out in the guidelines for this anymore.
Glad to help.
Cheers!
super helpful, thanks!

luckily it looks like someone did that for me, once I created a new release....
now all is under the same Master!!!

Back