Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Quickly approaching the first time my auto-cancellation policy will be tested. Even after a 4-day reminder. Not really thinking this guy will mind since his account was created the day before the order. Although he might mind the negative feedback... At the very least he's getting a neutral.

If you have auto cancellation it will automatically give negative feedback upon the cancellation. I had this happen to me with a guy from Italy. About 6 months later he replied saying he was new to the site, placed the order accidentally without knowing what he was doing and then didn’t log on again for 6 months. His only feedback remains my negative.

I have listed a few things for sale on my little store, and two have defaulted to my ridiculously overpriced "do not use this option" shipping option, and I can't figure out how to change it. I have tried changing weights and item numbers, but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

The top two with £99.99 shipping.

You have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen to get that toggle and then it goes back to not being set up like the useless app.

Oh, I figured that. I just don't like it.
I was sharing information. I didn’t even notice the toggle until I posted the screen shot. Then I think I had closed that window and was on another window with a different artist with many more albums and was like where is that shit?

Nothing like having a seller not communicate at all about your order, having them ship after 4 days, and receiving it the next day to discover their address is 12 minutes across town, but you just paid $24 to have 4 records shipped... only to find that only 3 of the records you ordered in the box upon arrival!

That's bullshit. This happened to me a few months ago, except I was the seller. When I saw how close the buyer was, I contacted him. We met the next day at a coffee shop, he bought a second record from me off book, and we had a nice conversation.

Just realized I never came back to update this but everything was resolved satisfactorily - I got a refund on the missing item and a deep discount on further purchases that I made outside of Discogs from the same seller with local pick-up. Frustrating in the moment, but ended up being great all around.

It seems to me, since around the time of the fee increase, that new submissions have slowed down considerably. Right now i have 1072 titles (UPC's ) that are not found on Discogs. This number is usually around 2-300.

Anyone else notice this or can you point me to any stats about number of submissions per day/week or whatever?

It seems to me, since around the time of the fee increase, that new submissions have slowed down considerably. Right now i have 1072 titles (UPC's ) that are not found on Discogs. This number is usually around 2-300.

Anyone else notice this or can you point me to any stats about number of submissions per day/week or whatever?
I haven't been buying much recently :p

Plus there's not a whole lot of incentive for regular users (who are not into selling stuff) to add a new submission.

I haven't been buying much recently :p

Plus there's not a whole lot of incentive for regular users (who are not into selling stuff) to add a new submission.

I'm trying to do my part as things come up, but very little time and a photographic downgrade back to my old-ass phone when the new one shit the bed have me a little slower on the draw than I used to be!

That said, of the half dozen or so things I had set aside to enter recently I'm down to one left!

I'm trying to do my part as things come up, but very little time and a photographic downgrade back to my old-ass phone when the new one shit the bed have me a little slower on the draw than I used to be!

That said, of the half dozen or so things I had set aside to enter recently I'm down to one left!

I have a thousand more to keep you busy 😜

I have a thousand more to keep you busy 😜

I get that. Discogs probably needs an in house team or to start an incentive program.

If you, or Discogs, or pretty much ANY record label want to send me records in order to have them plugged into the database, I'd be happy to oblige! 😝

If you, or Discogs, or pretty much ANY record label want to send me records in order to have them plugged into the database, I'd be happy to oblige! 😝

I love records. I despise data entry. Does one cancel out the other…

I once got placed in data entry job for a call database for a dodgy loan company call centre. They couldn’t sack me but wanted me out so they took me off the phones and put me doing that. I just copy and pasted the CEOs name and phone number into the database 25000 times in amongst the normal customers…

I love records. I despise data entry. Does one cancel out the other…

I once got placed in data entry job for a call database for a dodgy loan company call centre. They couldn’t sack me but wanted me out. I just copy and pasted the CEOs name and phone number into the database 25000 times in amongst the normal customers…

My brain loves data entry and sorting/filing.
Hilariously, other than very temporary positions, or as part of other positions, I've never actually been employed doing either.

My brain loves data entry and sorting/filing.
Hilariously, other than very temporary positions, or as part of other positions, I've never actually been employed doing either.

That was the weirdest company I ever worked for. It was the summer in uni and I just wanted to work two weeks longer to get until I went back and have beer money and they were trying to force me out so they put me doing that thinking I’d quit.

I remember the boss on the call centre floor, a particularly stupid woman, saying to me, “you should just leave us now because you don’t want someone who hates you on your permanent employment record.”

She looked so confused when I emplaned to her that there was no such thing as a permanent employment record, I mean who would even keep and manage such a thing, and that I had no intention of putting them on my CV or seeking a reference…

Last edited:
Back