Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

I hate know it all knob heads who think they are the Discogs police, make dick head demand posts on your sub but are wrong.

Research before you post or shut the fuck up and get your nose out.

Preach. I once had a debate with someone who didnt like me using IEX as shorthand for Indie Exclusive. Wanted me to go back and change my entries. 🤔:rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:👎👎

Preach. I once had a debate with someone who didnt like me using IEX as shorthand for Indie Exclusive. Wanted me to go back and change my entries. 🤔:rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:👎👎
Is it a discogs thing when people demand the original person that updated, update it again to what they feel is correct? Why don’t they just update it? Especially when it’s something as minuscule as the freetext field.

Yeah this guy saw that I put “recent box breakout release” or something similar, not in the release, not in the release notes, but in my submission notes. I mean that’s just any old gobbledygook that goes in there, it’s not part of the public submission so it’s not quite irrelevant, but equally it’s of the lowest importance.

I used to have a few sales per month pre-change. Now I think I've had 1 sale on the site total since.
Same. I think I've sold one record since the change. With the fees, plus taxes on sales as income, it's just not worth the hassle anymore. I sold $6k on there last year, this year only $500.

Discogs is committed to being a free and accessible resource for music fans like you, which is why we provide the recent sales history of all releases sold in the Marketplace. You can use information data to better understand the value of your vinyl records, CDs, cassettes, and more.

We just made some improvements to the way that sales history is calculated, and the result is a more accurate representation of each release’s lowest, median, and highest sales prices. This data also fuels the estimated value of all the items may have cataloged in your Discogs Collection.

If you would like to learn more, read our complete guide to sales history or the announcement on the calculation adjustments.

We are excited to continue improving the foundation of Discogs and sharing our progress along the way.

Regards,
Discogs

For those that have issues with the new "max width" of their collection page being a bit off - the user that codes the Discog Enhancer is looking to have a fix for it soon.

It may only affect those that use more than one custom note field - and for some reason it gives way too much space to the ratings and folder fields

This is just a total waste of space - and "large cover" collection screen is even worse. The old way of resizing the page doesn't allow for more rows.

(it does look that they are prepping for some ads to appear on those margins.)

Screenshot 2023-10-15 033210.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-15 033411.jpg

Goddammit Lloyd Starr, what the fuck did you do?
View attachment 184798
Can anyone see artist counts? This is iOS and Safari. Didn’t see it in the app either, although I’m unsure it was there in the first place.

Improvements my ass!
My artist counts never worked correctly when searching but it at least tried to put a number

Goddammit Lloyd Starr, what the fuck did you do?
View attachment 184798
Can anyone see artist counts? This is iOS and Safari. Didn’t see it in the app either, although I’m unsure it was there in the first place.

Improvements my ass!
Same. Using Chrome on an iPad. Bastards!!! How will we be able to compare our Boom Boom collections sizes?

Back