Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

There's this account named "midnightrunner" who leaves the most bizarre fucking reviews and I just wanted to say that he's my favorite discogs account because of it.

This is a picture of his review on the VMP release for Snoop Dogg's "Doggystyle"

View attachment 10078
His reviews are great and they have a narrative to them. He really builds his characters throughout the reviews - Mam, Gavin, Tristan, Babish.

• Laughing
Reactions: oak
So last night I found those 200+ vinyl that somebody threw away. I'm not going to keep them, I'm going to donate them to the National Library because most of them are made in Argentina.
My question is, is it worthy to submit all those album even though I'm not going to keep them?

So last night I found those 200+ vinyl that somebody threw away. I'm not going to keep them, I'm going to donate them to the National Library because most of them are made in Argentina.
My question is, is it worthy to submit all those album even though I'm not going to keep them?

Do you have that much free time and patience?

Would someone check my entry? I think it’s only the second one I’ve done. I can’t rely on someone to buy all the exclusives anymore. I copied it from another variant but I’m not sure how to add it to the master.

Would someone check my entry? I think it’s only the second one I’ve done. I can’t rely on someone to buy all the exclusives anymore. I copied it from another variant but I’m not sure how to add it to the master.

I'll add to the master for ya. A couple tips - I am not sure if the guideline but I generally don't see a hyphen between the side and the track number. With respect to the color, guideline 6.1.7 is a fav, which states that the basic color should be first. So, I would list it as "Blue Sea", or perhaps even a more accurate description.

I'll add to the master for ya. A couple tips - I am not sure if the guideline but I generally don't see a hyphen between the side and the track number. With respect to the color, guideline 6.1.7 is a fav, which states that the basic color should be first. So, I would list it as "Blue Sea", or perhaps even a more accurate description.

I see the master release is Tanya Tucker - While I'm Livin'

Under the history, 16 days, ago, is an entry from user/take22:

incorrect track numbering, should be no -, A1, etc, producer credit belongs in Credits, not release notes

Thank you. I’ll work on this tonight!

I wouldn’t fret too much about your entry especially if it’s something new. If there is something missing or incorrect it’s been my experience that there are lots of people that will be more than happy to “fix” it for ya. Usually the biggest hurdle is just getting someone actually create the initial entry to begin with.

I wouldn’t fret too much about your entry especially if it’s something new. If there is something missing or incorrect it’s been my experience that there are lots of people that will be more than happy to “fix” it for ya. Usually the biggest hurdle is just getting someone actually create the initial entry to begin with.
Yeah you're like leagues beyond most, who often just don't care.

Shipping question:

Any tips on cheaper shipping from USA to Brazil? My buyers said HumanHeadNYC only charges $12 for a 45rpm 7in single. I can’t find any rates that cheap.

Anyone here have seperate discogs accounts for their cds and records? Would this be a crazy thing to do? I feel like it would make it a bit easier to manage both.

Anyone here have seperate discogs accounts for their cds and records? Would this be a crazy thing to do? I feel like it would make it a bit easier to manage both.
I would just separate your discogs into folders and make a CDs folder and a vinyl folder. I think having two different accounts would be a lot to try to keep up but to each their own!

I don't log CDs so I can't really say but there is a filter for the media basically everywhere a listing is generated so I'm not sure why you'd need to take such measures to separate them.

Technically that would be against the "rules" but it could be hard to get caught.

I have folders for each format - LP's, 7"'s, CD's, 10 & 12", and music related DVD's & Blu Rays

Annotation 2019-10-02 082840.jpg

The one unfortunate thing about this is that a release can only be in one folder - so if I wanted to have a folder of just soundtracks, they would need to be removed from the current folder - so I made a list for those - All My Soundtracks by leeving | Discogs Lists

I'm also under the old collection format since my collection is too big (I think the cut off is under 2500 by now?), so I can't filter by format.

Totally not your question but I also use Discogs Enhancer - so that is why my background is dark in that screenshot.

Last edited:
Technically that would be against the "rules" but it could be hard to get caught.

I have folders for each format - LP's, 7"'s, CD's, 10 & 12", and music related DVD's & Blu Rays

View attachment 18715

The one unfortunate thing about this is that a release can only be in one folder - so if I wanted to have a folder of just soundtracks, they would need to be removed from the current folder - so I made a list for those - All My Soundtracks by leeving | Discogs Lists

I'm also under the old collection format since my collection is too big (I think the cut off is under 2500 by now?), so I can't filter by format.

Totally not your question but I also use Discogs Enhancer - so that is why my background is dark in that screenshot.

Finally, some got damn tips, tricks, secrets!

View attachment 18715

This is what I do too. I have folders for: LP’s, 7”, Cassette Tapes, and Duplicate releases.

View attachment 18715

Downloaded the enhancer. Cool extension!

Back