Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

It seems like every time I use the app I’m forced to sign back in, even if it have it save my info

Yeah I can always open the app no problem on my phone without signing in, but if I ever click on a link in one of their e-mails, it's not set up to link into the app, but takes me to the website and always asks me to sign in to the website. I click those links so infrequently that I'm not in the habit of remembering that password, so it is really annoying.

Could use some no votes to this merge.

I'm not suggesting that both releases aren't on blue vinyl, but one is clearly a MRP/GZ pressing.

The other has runouts that don't indicate either, but may not be complete. I don't think there are too many EU releases pressed at MRP. Most are just done by GZ.

I've got a trick for you on the Discogs Android App.

When listing something new, that you have more than one copy of, you can quickly add multiples with the same options as adding one.

When your listing is complete and your ready to hit "List Item for Sale" button, tap it as many times as you have copies rapidly and it will add that many to your inventory. I have been fast enough to add 6 copies by doing this!

Another trick/tip for you.

Ever wanted to set different shipping on different items? Like to have a sale on something where shipping is free, or reduced shipping, or Both on several different items?

Set your shipping for weight and add Tiers for different charges that are below the lightest thing you sell. I do mine like this:

1615581984801.png

So if I want to offer free shipping, I go to the inventory entry and tell it the weight of the record is 1 (or whatever pricing tier I want), and I don't affect the rest of my items.

1615582220359.png

Then you get this:

1615582742175.png

Has anyone had requests to send to a freight forwarding address?
I have someone interested in a record and the live abroad but said I can send to a U.K. address and it will get forwarded on. The only concern I have is I don’t want to be held responsible for any damage the package may have once it’s in the hands of the freight forwarder.

Has anyone had requests to send to a freight forwarding address?
I have someone interested in a record and the live abroad but said I can send to a U.K. address and it will get forwarded on. The only concern I have is I don’t want to be held responsible for any damage the package may have once it’s in the hands of the freight forwarder.
I've done it several times, no issues at all. To me my responsibility ends when it gets delivered to the address they asked me to send to.

And I'm sure paypal recognizes that as the destination as well.

I think someone else may need to explain how vinyl releases can be considered reissue of CDs

This user seems to think vinyl being a different medium can't be a reissue of a CD release....even though the reissue guideline specifically states reissues are independent of format.

This release was recently edited to the expanded format - which then allows for the use of the Reissue tag in each format line. Their one argument that vinyl can't be a reissue of a cd release is not correct.

I added the reissue tags to each album line and posted a link to a thread that discussed adding the reissue tag to separate albums within a box set, thinking this would be the issue people had.

They reverted this edit - I added it back - explaining things a bit better - they then reverted it again - I followed with an E.I.

How long do you wait on a payment being flipped to received? It's been 4 days and I've reached out to the seller with no response and thinking about disputing it through PP.

How long do you wait on a payment being flipped to received? It's been 4 days and I've reached out to the seller with no response and thinking about disputing it through PP.

does the seller outline how long they will take to ship? might check their terms first. a little patience might be in order. not everyone is running a full-fledged store. i definitely try to ship out within 2 business days, but i'm just one guy doing this as a hobby and there are tons just like me.

regardless, if they ignore you just ASKING a question, click the "seller not responding" button to have the discogs system ping them.

does the seller outline how long they will take to ship? might check their terms first. a little patience might be in order. not everyone is running a full-fledged store. i definitely try to ship out within 2 business days, but i'm just one guy doing this as a hobby and there are tons just like me.

regardless, if they ignore you just ASKING a question, click the "seller not responding" button to have the discogs system ping them.
Oh, I'm patient, I just sent a message asking if they got my payment since it had been sitting as payment pending for 3 days.........crickets as of yet.

I always manually move the order to Payment Received but some sellers might skip to moving the order to Shipped. If you ordered on Friday, that’s two business days without a response or your order being shipped. The Seller Not Responding button should appear right around the time when I’d say it’s worth escalating, so just keep an eye out for it and click it, if the seller doesn’t reply or ship before then. IMO, filing a dispute on PayPal 2-3 business days after an order is placed is an aggressive approach to asking for a message reply—I’d stick with the Discogs options for now. Good luck!

Oh, I'm patient, I just sent a message asking if they got my payment since it had been sitting as payment pending for 3 days.........crickets as of yet.

just follow the above then. no real reason for a seller to be completely inattentive to someone who's given you their money. that's why they have the function.

Got some assholes that don't understand the new-ish Stereo tag guideline or the blanked country to signify a worldwide release.

I vote EI when valid data is removed
I don't like the new Stereo tag guidelines. But guidelines are guidelines so trying to argue it is useless. Again, people think it's their own personal database instead of a community.

I don't like the new Stereo tag guidelines. But guidelines are guidelines so trying to argue it is useless. Again, people think it's their own personal database instead of a community.

I actually think it's better than it used to be. I get that most releases are now in Stereo, but I'm of the "document the release" camp. Needing to know about all other releases for differentiation purposes makes no sense when collecting data.

It's like the "gatefold" guideline. If one single release among 100 comes out in a single sleeve vs the 99 that are gatefold, those 99 then can be edited to have gatefold in the FTF. Where as if the releases were just documented with what they are, then we wouldn't need all the retconning.

Got some assholes that don't understand the new-ish Stereo tag guideline or the blanked country to signify a worldwide release.

I vote EI when valid data is removed

that ViNyL.ExPLoSion guy has been making stupid comments on a handful of my edits/submissions too.

that ViNyL.ExPLoSion guy has been making stupid comments on a handful of my edits/submissions too.

I've never seen him before, but I'll keep an eye out for him in other subs.

That release has gotten a bit unwieldy with all the incorrect RTI job codes being added. It needs cleaning up and split to other new subs, but I don't know if I'm up for it at the moment.

Back