Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

I started working on a draft for the Stones Throw / TTL box set - and yes, it is a pain in the ass.

feel free to make some edits if you have this release
Be careful. TTL usually does their own entries (and not always properly). I got into a bit of tiff with them once for making some changes.

Be careful. TTL usually does their own entries (and not always properly). I got into a bit of tiff with them once for making some changes.

Good to know. I'll work on it again tomorrow if they haven't made a sub yet. I need to some sleep and I have one more night of work, so I'll leave it as it is for now.

Doesn't look like they have made too many edits recently.

i wouldn't fret their crappy submissions. they're well known for half-assery. can always merge into a more complete one like i'm sure @LeeVing would surely submit.

Has anyone received negative feedback on a sealed item (warped apparently) without the buyer speaking with you first?

I logged a ticket but not sure if I have any recourse here. I’ve offered them a refund but am afraid they won’t check back on the order since they are a new user.

It's good enough to submit...still working out the runouts and a few little things.

I really don't know what the title of this release should be....I went with the full text on the front of the box.

it's such a pain that labels use, to quote another user, things like: "bloody mary tequila sunrise" to describe colors.
How about purple in parenthesis? Best of both worlds? Aubergine is a pantone color (520C).

I do like the creativity that labels have for color descriptions. It just doesn't translate well with the guidelines. Maybe put "Purple (Aubergine)" or something like that.

I do like the creativity that labels have for color descriptions. It just doesn't translate well with the guidelines. Maybe put "Purple (Aubergine)" or something like that.

Not challenging you, just learning.

I don't see in the guidelines any direction for color. The example in 6.1.7 is "mottled clear red, blue and brown" with no direction on allowed color names.

Is there another section you are referring too?

There's a forum thread...

Although it pertains to "colors" that aren't really colors.

Aubergine may fall into this category

There are descriptive words for colors and there are colors. In my example Eternal Torment Splatter doesnt describe anything. Its hard to nail down someone's idea of a shade of purple, however Aubergine is a standardized color, at least according to the most widely used color standard, Pantone.

It is a hard question though that wasn't solved in that thread either. 😁

There are descriptive words for colors and there are colors. In my example Eternal Torment Splatter doesnt describe anything. Its hard to nail down someone's idea of a shade of purple, however Aubergine is a standardized color, at least according to the most widely used color standard, Pantone.

It is a hard question though that wasn't solved in that thread either. 😁

the joys of discogs

In my example Eternal Torment Splatter doesnt describe anything.

This is where the "fancy" color name thread comes in - if the release is Red / Orange Splatter then the FTF would have add that as the color and [Eternal Torment]

Red / Orange Splatter [Eternal Torment]

Zombie Skin isn't a description of a color - but for John Harrison (6) - George A. Romero's Day Of The Dead we use Grey [Zombie Skin] Swirl in the FTF - although if it was me, I would have done it Grey Swirl [Zombie Skin].

As for Aubergine - yeah...it's a color - I can also see users subbing in a basic "Purple" sub because they don't know what Aubergine is...or they only know it as the plant which grows eggplants.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I feel bad for anyone that put a lot of time into filmogs or posterogs.
Bookogs is shutting down too. I am fine with it. I had been using Goodreads more for catalog purposes anyhow. Also, They are not wrong about needing to put more focus on cleaning up and modernizing Discogs.

Back