Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Hey all!

So, I created a listing that was wrong and useless but can’t delete it. Says I need votes but no one is following or “has” it. What do I do?

I placed an order yesterday for three albums: one Mint Joan Sutherland/Luciano Pavarotti LP @$9.99, one Ella Fitzgerald VG+ 2LP @$6.99, and one Near Mint Dinah Washington 2LP @$3.99.

I was kind of suspicious because the prices were so low, but low prices make it easier to take a chance.

I notice this morning that the seller cancelled the order and sent a message that reads:

"Hi Eric,

Sorry, we had to cancel this order. We VPI clean and play test all LP's before mailing, and we discovered that the Dinah Washington set was warped unacceptably. Discogs was not giving us a way to modify the order once we marked it 'paid.'

Please place a new order for the Sutherland and Ella Fitzgerald and we will send an invoice.

best wishes,

Ron S
Flip Side Records"

I was kind of blown away that they clean and test all of their LPs before mailing. Just wondering if we have a list anywhere of Discogs sellers that do this?

I was kind of blown away that they clean and test all of their LPs before mailing. Just wondering if we have a list anywhere of Discogs sellers that do this?

Not that I know of...maybe that's something we could do here....probably would be better to have a thread in the Marketplace section.

As for finding later that it was warped....not sure how they had it graded Near Mint before this discovery. They would be better off cleaning and play testing before grading to find these issues before putting them up for sale.

As for finding later that it was warped....not sure how they had it graded Near Mint before this discovery. They would be better off cleaning and play testing before grading to find these issues before putting them up for sale.

yeah, I guess that's true. I was just impressed that they cleaned and play tested them at all, since I've gotten so many used albums with all kinds of issues.

Question for all my discogs pros - is there any chance of merging two existing accounts?
My fiancé and I are about to merge our two collections, and it would be nice to merge both accounts rather than re-entering everything.

Granted, I will be recleaning everything progressively so I could add it to the workflow. But when I think about adding 250ish to one account - or creating a joint account and scanning entering 500+ I know it's a lot of time.

From what I've seen so far it looks like I'm out of luck. But if any knows any solutions, I'd love to hear it!

Question for all my discogs pros - is there any chance of merging two existing accounts?
My fiancé and I are about to merge our two collections, and it would be nice to merge both accounts rather than re-entering everything.

Granted, I will be recleaning everything progressively so I could add it to the workflow. But when I think about adding 250ish to one account - or creating a joint account and scanning entering 500+ I know it's a lot of time.

From what I've seen so far it looks like I'm out of luck. But if any knows any solutions, I'd love to hear it!
i know you can export to CSV, I had assumed you could also import from that?

A the very least the CSV has a release ID field which you can type in to search to nail down the exact entry very easily (x250).

Holy hell! I just checked and when did the Beatles mono box start going for $800+ on discogs??? That just seems excessive.

I also saw some $1k+ listings on eBay. What is the world coming to?

Holy hell! I just checked and when did the Beatles mono box start going for $800+ on discogs??? That just seems excessive.

I also saw some $1k+ listings on eBay. What is the world coming to?
That's been riding high for quite some time.

Reactions: Tyr
Back