Definitive Audiophile pressings

Do you happen to know whether the upcoming breakout of Court and Spark is different in any significant way from Grundman's 2013 cut?

FYI the 2013 Rhino listed here is the European version which was cut by Heino Leja and isn't AAA I don't think. The US Rhino was AAA cut by Bellman

Well I'm not sure that you can really call any Stooges album "audiophile" but after a KPG vs RKS Raw Power shootout I gotta say, RKS absolutely nailed it. It's the usual difference between these two, KPG with max detail and RKS with rounded corners but unlike what I usually find between these two RKS also has a bigger stage, more extension on the instruments and more separation, somehow he's actually gotten a little air between this brick of a recording. Really really impressed with how this one turned out. It's got a tiny bit less bite but that is far outweighed by all the pros, it's a keeper.
Whatever, Laura Dern.

Haha sorry. Twas a reference to that miserable guy accusing you of wasting your money on turd’s.

I appreciate your insights on the pressing!
Haha yeah honestly I gotta say, it really impressed me for what it is. The KPG did a great job but this one tops it in almost every way, it makes an absolute brick of a recording actually sound pretty damn good. Now, slight caveat here is that I'm still getting to grips with my new system elements so some of my surprise is likely due to the upgrades as well. The KPG sounded much better than it did on my old system, but the RKS is probably the version to own of you want the loud AF Iggy mix as your copy of this album. The Bowie is fun but it's so quirky I can't really think of it as much more than a curio.

Haha yeah honestly I gotta say, it really impressed me for what it is. The KPG did a great job but this one tops it in almost every way, it makes an absolute brick of a recording actually sound pretty damn good. Now, slight caveat here is that I'm still getting to grips with my new system elements so some of my surprise is likely due to the upgrades as well. The KPG sounded much better than it did on my old system, but the RKS is probably the version to own of you want the loud AF Iggy mix as your copy of this album. The Bowie is fun but it's so quirky I can't really think of it as much more than a curio.
Which is funny since the Bowie mix is the standard mix and the one I was only familiar with until I bought the RSD release that had both the Bowie and Iggy mixes. I like the Bowie mix too but agree that the RKS version of the Iggy mix is the best we are going to get.

The Bowie mix is the standard one that was around since the record was released, so I wouldn't consider it a curio. It's definitely the go-to, and has always been the go-to, for me. The 90's Iggy mix is the one I just consider an "interesting" experiment, one which I have very little desire revisiting.

The Bowie mix is the standard one that was around since the record was released, so I wouldn't consider it a curio. It's definitely the go-to, and has always been the go-to, for me. The 90's Iggy mix is the one I just consider an "interesting" experiment, one which I have very little desire revisiting.
Well... fine. You may be correct, however.... I think his mix is weird and thin and clangy and no sir I do not like it, so there.

Did RKS completely rescue that Iggy mix or something? Always sounded like a mess to me when I played it (from the KPG, CD or digital)...
I think it's the best it's ever going to sound. It sounds to me like a kick ass rock record that is no longer painful to listen to and actually has some separation and extension to it.

Back