Definitive Audiophile pressings

Where did you buy it from? Craft US? I thought there was a EU store no? I see the UK store seem to have shut down? I wanted to buy this one but I think I’ll have to pay duty on it, it will end up pretty expensive…
From the US. I had to pay about €47 in import duty.

I hope they open an EU store some day.

One of the biggest shit shows since brexit is that the overwhelming majority of the European major music market is based in Britain. There is the IOSS system but it just doesn’t work or is being ignored so you often end up double paying VAT. It’s just a mess and so unless it’s a thing I can only get online I try to buy everything from a store based here.
There are periods where customs let packages through but it’s still wildly inconsistent. The most frustrating part is when the postal service sends you an import bill and you contact them and give them all the proof that VAT has been paid and their reply is basically “tough shit, pay it or refuse the package”.

There are periods where customs let packages through but it’s still wildly inconsistent. The most frustrating part is when the postal service sends you an import bill and you contact them and give them all the proof that VAT has been paid and their reply is basically “tough shit, pay it or refuse the package”.

Yeah the problem for the postal company is that they aren’t providing the customs officers or decisions. They’re provided from the department over customs, Revenue here, and the postal provider is bound by the decision. They can only ask you to pay or refuse. You could technically appeal direct to Revenue but it’s impossible to know where or what the procedure is.

Warners UK/EU are actually very good. If you’ve paid your local VAT on purchase through IOSS and it still gets pinged they will actually refund you both the customs and the handling fee. They’re the only one I know who does that though.

What I actually don’t get is why, rather than refusing to form governments to protest the fact that they’re not British anymore, the north isn’t utterly exploiting the fact that they’re both in and out of the customs union at the same time. An NI based company can sell to Europe and it is still in the single market. And they can sell to Britain and they’re still in the uk market.

Last edited:
Yeah the problem for the postal company is that they aren’t providing the customs officers or decisions. They’re provided from the department over customs, Revenue here, and the postal provider is bound by the decision. They can only ask you to pay or refuse. You could technically appeal direct to Revenue but it’s impossible to know where or what the procedure is.

Warners UK/EU are actually very good. If you’ve paid your local VAT on purchase through IOSS and it still gets pinged they will actually refund you both the customs and the handling fee. They’re the only one I know who does that though.
They have also told me to pay the bill and contact Revenue about getting a refund but that would only be for the tax and not handling fee which most times is more than the tax part of the bill.

I imagine they know how flawed the IOSS system is so it would be nice if they tried to fix it. They have almost two years of data to work with. Unless it's working as intended, frustrating people into not importing haha

There's only two places you can import from where you don't risk an extra import bill and that's Amazon.com and Deep Discount/WowHD.

They have also told me to pay the bill and contact Revenue about getting a refund but that would only be for the tax and not handling fee which most times is more than the tax part of the bill.

I imagine they know how flawed the IOSS system is so it would be nice if they tried to fix it. They have almost two years of data to work with. Unless it's working as intended, frustrating people into not importing haha

There's only two places you can import from where you don't risk an extra import bill and that's Amazon.com and Deep Discount/WowHD.

Any of the uk warners sites will refund you. They have an email in their faq. I don’t think anyone knows how IOSS works at all, it’s just a mess. It’d be better if they dropped it and we just paid the fees once.

The one good thing here is that if it’s sent by post rather than courier an post only charge €3.50 as a handling fee, I don’t begrudge that, it’s supposedly less than their costs. The couriers charge silly amounts.

Any of the uk warners sites will refund you. They have an email in their faq. I don’t think anyone knows how IOSS works at all, it’s just a mess. It’d be better if they dropped it and we just paid the fees once.

The one good thing here is that if it’s sent by post rather than courier an post only charge €3.50 as a handling fee, I don’t begrudge that, it’s supposedly less than their costs. The couriers charge silly amounts.
Not here, it's €22 no matter what, which makes it ridiculous when the tax is €0.40, for example (which has happened).

I don't remember where everyone was here on the UHQR, but holy shit this sounds sooooo good. I have a 2013 copy and the Vault Mono copy. This absolutely stomps over them. On first play through but its clear that this is an improvement. Bass slam, instrument separation, dynamics, no sibilance. Pricey and excessive...sure....definitive? Yes.

elephant.jpg

Back