Definitive Audiophile pressings

i'm assuming you're just going after NM/NM for the AMJY. otherwise they are usually around $120 or cheaper from what i've seen unless the exchange rate really is that bad 😂 . mine have all been closer to NM (no audio issues). definitely getting harder to find them though.
Currently about $35% more expensive for CAD then shipping adds another $35+

View attachment 166280
While we're on the topic of people hating things. I'm just gunna post this so that someone can show up and tell me why it sucks and I should have gotten the Classics Record edition for 6 times the price. This is the OG 75 FWIW

If it sounds as good or better than the '79 pressing, you're all set! (Somebody on the 'cogs says the '79 and '76 use the same plates, fwiw.)

the marley jamaica pressings are up for preorder at a bunch of places now as well. will be interested to see how those sound. Target has em for $24.99 on preorder but everywhere else seems to be $35.
Are they actually going to be fulfilled and is Catch a Fire the “original” Jamaican mix? That’s the only thing I’m interested in getting. Had it on pre order for like two years and they cancelled it last year.

Are they actually going to be fulfilled and is Catch a Fire the “original” Jamaican mix? That’s the only thing I’m interested in getting. Had it on pre order for like two years and they cancelled it last year.
yes it should be. and udiscover i believe reached out to some people whose orders were cancelled and were informed they would be getting free copies. description on the marley site says it's the original jamaican mix on catch a fire

yes it should be. and udiscover i believe reached out to some people whose orders were cancelled and were informed they would be getting free copies. description on the marley site says it's the original jamaican mix on catch a fire
Well hopefully I’m one of the lucky ones to get a free copy :LOL: I’ll be buying it regardless though I may wait for it to actually get on the shelves first.

Hi Fam, just need some guidance, I have these Japanese pressings and wonder if it's still OK for me to listen to them,
Many Thanks xox

Hi Fam, just need some guidance, I have these Japanese pressings and wonder if it's still OK for me to listen to them,
Many Thanks xox

I recommend it, do it right now. I’ll wait.

Is that good, bad or indifferent? Not familiar with him…
not entirely sure. with a quick look can't see many pressings i have by him that are AMAZING. but he did the zamrock anthology it seems and a few others that aren't bad. not entirely sure if he cut the lacquers or just remastered on these actually...i just saw his name pop up in the descriptions.

he apparently did the 40th anniversary of exodus set but don't have that one.

Back