Definitive Audiophile pressings

Hi Fam, just need some guidance, I have these Japanese pressings and wonder if it's still OK for me to listen to them,
Many Thanks xox

The forum rules state all Steely Dan must be sent to @Mather. If they arrive during daylight they may be destoyed. If they arrive past dark, they will be blasted for all of Toronto to enjoy.

Are they actually going to be fulfilled and is Catch a Fire the “original” Jamaican mix? That’s the only thing I’m interested in getting. Had it on pre order for like two years and they cancelled it last year.
Yes to it being the original Jamaican mix, according to the Bob Marley website:

"Additionally, Catch A Fire, originally recorded by The Wailers in Jamaica and eventually released with overdubs and a mix overseen by Island founder Chris Blackwell at the label’s London headquarters, will be available in its original Jamaica-recorded version, with two extra tracks from the sessions and some tracks with longer fades. Produced entirely by Bob Marley & the Wailers and mixed by longtime Marley associate Errol Brown, this Jamaican version will be on vinyl for the first time."

Well hopefully I’m one of the lucky ones to get a free copy :LOL: I’ll be buying it regardless though I may wait for it to actually get on the shelves first.
Check your junk mail. I got an email from them last week asking me to make sure my address was up to date. Looks like I'm going to get that Catch a Fire for free after waiting two and a half years! And I only ordered it because someone on here shared some $10 off coupon code back in late 2020.

Last edited:
If it sounds as good or better than the '79 pressing, you're all set! (Somebody on the 'cogs says the '79 and '76 use the same plates, fwiw.)
Well this is the 75 so I guess it's different plates but either way they sound very very similar. The 75 is a bit more open with a bit more separation but honestly for the price difference there's no reason to change from the 79 in my opinion. So yeah once I go get all the AMJYs and then get sick of those and then get all the Classics pressings and then Chad releases them all on UHQR and I get those I'll let everyone know which ones are the best.

Seemed like the right place to put this, did anyone pick this up? The curiosity is killing me, lol

Kirsten Edkins - Shapes & Sound
View attachment 166343
"did anyone pick this up"....
200.gif

(mine is en route to me from AS...might get it today). The reviews on it are pretty universally glowing. Except for that one guy on Hoffman who called it a dud after listening to 30 seconds of another Kirsten Edkins album on youtube hahaha

I want to stream the album first, but not available yet on Spotify. May be shocking for some, but the boom boom factor is not enough to buy blind.
it will not be available on streaming apparently but there are some clips on youtube from various demo sessions.

from what i've heard, it's a pretty straight-forward jazz record. nothing ground-breaking. but nearly everyone says it sounds fantastic.

here's an audio sample: https://www.analogplanet.com/images/012022EXCERPT.wav

Back