Definitive Audiophile pressings

If anyone has been running low…Mo-fi inner sleeves are back in stock at MusicDirect. They have been out of stock most everywhere for awhile.
Speaking of which, the 500-pack of Hudson Hi-Fi inner sleeves is still available at amazon for only $75. These are excellent inners, basically the same as MoFi inners, but they cost $0.15 per instead of $0.34 to $0.40 per.
Amazon product ASIN B07FFCLNN7

Last edited:
@Mather Speaking of MOFI-style inners, did you ever pick-up some of the Vinyl Storage Solutions inners I had mentioned? They're pretty much my go-to now and they have them in all sizes.
I did yes! Not the 12", but I got the 8 and 10s and the outers. Great stuff, I'm likely go back to them for 12s later. Thanks for the suggestion!

I did yes! Not the 12", but I got the 8 and 10s and the outers. Great stuff, I'm likely go back to them for 12s later. Thanks for the suggestion!

Excellent! I know my local buddy @Potato-Socks uses them too and we both like their transparent outers and mofi inners, but I hadn't heard much from others. Though, I did notice my local started carrying their products over the brand name MOFIs.

I’ve had some various no-name off brand inner sleeves start to decompose over the yrs. Chemical leaching is a real thing. Both some all plastic ones and some lined paper ones but I caught them b4 they did permanent damage. A light sticky residue I could clean off. So 1st time I noticed it I replaced everything with mainly Mo-Fi ones out of pure caution.

But in a pinch I’ve used QRP, SleeveCity & GottaGroove, etc. Most likely the majority of Mo-Fi style rice paper / plastic come off similar designs but it is always possible some company will substitute a cheaper less inert plastic that will degrade over time.

Even Mo-Fi had a bad batch once that was leaving a dusting residue. Caused quite a hassle and some bad press but I never had any bad ones.

I’ve also had a bad batch of outer sleeves that started leaving a residue on the cover when stored over a very long period. Slightly stickiness on cover. Sorted all them out. Time consuming. About 10 covers had the film out of a hundred sleeves dispersed throughout a couple thousand LPs. I let them air out for a few weeks and it all seemed to go away.

There are lots of good inner/outer sleeves but buyer beware.

Out of leftfield a bit, but I’ve been listening to the The’s Soul Mining nonstop for the past day and I’m wondering if anyone has the box set from a few years ago? The original UK pressing I have sounds fantastic but if anyone has the box and cares to share how it sounds, that would be awesome.
Ok finally spinning this, and it sounds fantastic. Whether or not it’s an “Audiophile” quality release is debatable, but it’s as good as it could ever sound to my ears.

Can anyone recommend a pressing of Tupelo Honey ?

It’s not always the easiest to track down since it’s not been repressed in probably 30-40 years. It’s one that you’ll dig for repeatedly and then it will randomly appear. I have this one, it cost me €20 in a local store and I like it. I’ve never heard another pressing to compare it to.

Can anyone recommend a pressing of Tupelo Honey ?
I have this one. No idea how it compares to anything else. I grabbed this when I saw it in the wild because it NEVER turns up in my local shops.

MikeFromTheInGrooveInPhoenixArizona just dropped this.

Mikefromtheingrooveinphoenixarizona recently thought that the Way Out West Craft box was AAA (it is not, and it's known not to have been for a couple of years now). I'm sure this is a pretty solid list in general but I'm not sure he's the guy I'd go to in terms of knowing what source comes from where...

MikeFromTheInGrooveInPhoenixArizona just dropped this.

Here's Fremer's from a couple years ago. Is another Mike-Fremer debate coming? Sure hope so.

Hey..so I’ve been going through and placing all the vinyl outside of the jacket in the outer sleeve for all single lp titles, but what do you all do for the 2lp ones?

Place both outside?

Back