Definitive Audiophile pressings

I’m probably the only person here who cares about this one, but in case anybody is looking for great sounding pressing of Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak, I finally tracked down a copy of the MASTERDISK GK cut and it sounds really excellent. Cool record too. This is the one I got:

Would love for someone like Intervention to get their hands on some of the Thin Lizzy tapes if they still exist

I’m probably the only person here who cares about this one, but in case anybody is looking for great sounding pressing of Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak, I finally tracked down a copy of the MASTERDISK GK cut and it sounds really excellent. Cool record too. This is the one I got:

Would love for someone like Intervention to get their hands on some of the Thin Lizzy tapes if they still exist
I'd love a nice copy of this album, it is stellar. Intervention or Speakers Corner would be ideal.

I need to play this again. It is a fun record and brings back some good memories. One of my best friends at the time had this on vinyl. He played it pretty much daily. :).

FWIW I have the UK Vertigo. No idea how it compares to other versions.

I need to play this again. It is a fun record and brings back some good memories. One of my best friends at the time had this on vinyl. He played it pretty much daily. :).

FWIW I have the UK Vertigo. No idea how it compares to other versions.

The US masterdisk is quite nice and I’ve heard the UK 1st is even better. It really is a fun album. Jailbreak is an awesome opener and the rest of the album is solid plus you have the boys are back in town on it as the crowd pleaser haha.

Hey..so I’ve been going through and placing all the vinyl outside of the jacket in the outer sleeve for all single lp titles, but what do you all do for the 2lp ones?

Place both outside?
I put both records in one of these, behind the cover

Last edited:
I put both records in one of these, behind the cover
I use these:

And I love them. I’ve been swapping out other records which I previously stored in more flimsy sleeves. These were recommended by the 45RPM Audiophile guy on YouTube.

The US masterdisk is quite nice and I’ve heard the UK 1st is even better. It really is a fun album. Jailbreak is an awesome opener and the rest of the album is solid plus you have the boys are back in town on it as the crowd pleaser haha.

I was just updating some of my collection in discogs few weeks back. This one was a pita. I had to squint to find info in the dead wax and match up the labels.

Apparently this is the version I have which also has "MASTERDISK" stamped on it. Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak. Sounds pretty good to my ears, but would also love a AAA reissue.

Someone was looking for this right?

Figured I'd (cross-) post this here since there's so much crossover between interest in jazz and definitive audiophile pressings....HURRY!

This Art Pepper box from Black Friday is available for $48, which is a steal. I was just listening to this last night and it's a great set that's pressed well and sounds very good. (Sale price shows up in the cart.)

Last edited:
Figured I'd (cross-) post this here since there's so much crossover between interest in jazz and definitive audiophile pressings....HURRY!
Been on the fence about this one since BFRSD when I saw it at my local, can’t pass it up at that price. Thanks!

Been on the fence about this one since BFRSD when I saw it at my local, can’t pass it up at that price. Thanks!
So now the Christmas money is really gone! ;) This is a bit of a steal at that price. The four records I got are flat, quiet, and sound great. Plus there's a cool full-sized booklet with a bunch of liner notes written by Pepper's wife, Laurie. I was so intrigued by what I read that I did a bit of digging on her and saw that she has written two books that are considered definitive, one about her husband's art and battle with addiction, and another about her own life as it was built around and with Art. Amazingly positive reviews out there for both books.

EDIT: A bit of info about the two books: Books by Art and Laurie Pepper

Last edited:
So now the Christmas money is really gone! ;) This is a bit of a steal at that price. The four records I got are flat, quiet, and sound great. Plus there's a cool full-sized booklet with a bunch of liner notes written by Pepper's wife, Laurie. I was so intrigued by what I read that I did a bit of digging on her and saw that she has written two books that are considered definitive, one about her husband's art and battle with addiction, and another about her own life as it was built around and with Art. Amazingly positive reviews out there for both books.
You cost me a bunch of money today friend 😆. Ordered matrix box and this one. It was a no brainer at that price.

You cost me a bunch of money today friend 😆. Ordered matrix box and this one. It was a no brainer at that price.
It's a 'favor' that gets passed around here haha! Looks like the Pepper box is gone; I'm glad you both were able to grab one.

Here's another boom boom Nina Simone:

I've been in a vocal jazz mood (seems to happen every winter) and this is a great mix of tracks.

Have you spun this yet?

My UK copy arrived this afternoon, all looks fantastic, pressed at RTI. But just looking at cogs for this and the little girl blue reissue & there seems to be a lot of hate for the pressings. (I'm not sure I'll get a chance to clean it today).

Back