Definitive Audiophile pressings

Also they sharpied the sleeve to make it look less damaged before they shipped which is just... amazing.

It's got to be a separate printing house with some 16 year old apprentice trying to take the initiative & cover up his mistakes.

To be fair even with 300 records I can see it being difficult to spot this details. I had a Sam Records title where the centre hole was way off centre, I didn't spot it until I put it on the platter. After seeing it I thought, how the sticky pudding did I miss that.

It's got to be a separate printing house with some 16 year old apprentice trying to take the initiative & cover up his mistakes.

To be fair even with 300 records I can see it being difficult to spot this details. I had a Sam Records title where the centre hole was way off centre, I didn't spot it until I put it on the platter. After seeing it I thought, how the sticky pudding did I miss that.
Did... did the Sam Record title cost $600?

The embossing on the jacket not lining up with the text, the sharpied corners, scratches on the spot gloss, etc shouldn't be missed for something that's $600. they should have people with those jewelers magnifying glasses inspecting everything. It's even worse if they are using a printing house that has a 16 year old sharpie-ing record sleeves haha.

The embossing on the jacket not lining up with the text, the sharpied corners, scratches on the spot gloss, etc shouldn't be missed for something that's $600. they should have people with those jewelers magnifying glasses inspecting everything. It's even worse if they are using a printing house that has a 16 year old sharpie-ing record sleeves haha.

You can imagine though, after about sleeve 75, 'These look good'. And then after sleeve 175, 'anyone fancy a pint?'

You can imagine though, after about sleeve 75, 'These look good'. And then after sleeve 175, 'anyone fancy a pint?'
i never said i wanted to do the job haha. i'd hate it. but i'm also not selling uber expensive records. the embossing thing also sounds like maybe it's widespread and not just on the one jacket that was sent to mike.

Caveat emptor. These records aren’t worth $600. They likely never were. If people paid that much that sucks hopefully they get their money back. The long and short of it is this company is gonna keep making them, for better or worth; as long as people keep buying them.

i never said i wanted to do the job haha. i'd hate it. but i'm also not selling uber expensive records. the embossing thing also sounds like maybe it's widespread and not just on the one jacket that was sent to mike.

I'm not saying it's good, it's insane trying to sella a copy of a White Stripes (or any) album for that price. I see the current EU version is pressed at Pallas & will likely sound better than the GZ coloured version Mike has. But I can guarantee it will be a shitty day tomorrow for the printers.

Caveat emptor. These records aren’t worth $600. They likely never were. If people paid that much that sucks hopefully they get their money back. The long and short of it is this company is gonna keep making them, for better or worth; as long as people keep buying them.

I think most people are buying them to flip. Hopefully they will get stuck with them. 5 for sale on cogs starting at £1,200. No one has bought a copy obviously.

they aren't worth $600 to you or i. but they cost $575 USD and I regularly see people paying more than that after they sell out.
it's why they sell 300 of each pressing. they know they will find 300 dinguses to pay up for them.

they aren't worth $600 to you or i. but they cost $575 USD and I regularly see people paying more than that after they sell out.
it's why they sell 300 of each pressing. they know they will find 300 dinguses to pay up for them.

It's a shame they don't do proper runs at normal prices, I would definitely be interested in some of the classical titles they do, but only for a 10th of the price.

Yep I've got it and I really enjoy it. It's different mix wise, very clean and there's much more separation between all the instruments. I find that works really well for most songs, the only one that sounds "wrong" to me is "Hang On To Yourself". You're expecting a kind of wall of sound but it comes off sounding very pulled apart and twangy. But otherwise I think it sounds great. If you're a Bowie purist and you know the usual album mix front to back then maybe you might feel differently about it. But having never owned it on vinyl before I think it sounds fantastic for the most part.
OK, very happy I bought this. It sounds EXCEPTIONAL.

Thank you for your input! @Mather @MikeH

OK, very happy I bought this. It sounds EXCEPTIONAL.

Thank you for your input! @Mather @MikeH
Most of the people I know who don’t love it haven’t heard the pressing and talk about the “smiley EQ” that MoFi used to do. @Mather ‘s description is way more apt and spot on. It’s probably “cleaner” than what an OG may sound like but I really love it. I think the MoFi is a very impressive sounding pressing especially if you have a clean copy of it.

Back