Definitive Audiophile pressings

.........did the world really need another pressing of Kind of Blue?
This pressing of Kind of Blue will be on the most pure "clear" PVC known to exist.

Now, are you just gonna sit there and drink a normal Pepsi like a chump, or are you gonna drink that Crystal like a goddamn king! Pssssh. All you peasants and your black vinyl jazz albums.

s-l300.jpg

If you're gonna get a copy that isn't the MoFi or AP UHQR, go for the Ryan Smith mono cut from 2013.

The MoFI one sounds great, I feel like the extra flipping isn't a nuisance on that compared to, say, the 45 of Muddy Waters Folk Singer which is over half of each side being deadwax and barely any music before you have to flip.

If you're gonna get a copy that isn't the MoFi or AP UHQR, go for the Ryan Smith mono cut from 2013.

The MoFI one sounds great, I feel like the extra flipping isn't a nuisance on that compared to, say, the 45 of Muddy Waters Folk Singer which is over half of each side being deadwax and barely any music before you have to flip.
The AP 33 of Folk Singer on the other hand... DIVINE...

This pressing of Kind of Blue will be on the most pure "clear" PVC known to exist.

Now, are you just gonna sit there and drink a normal Pepsi like a chump, or are you gonna drink that Crystal like a goddamn king! Pssssh. All you peasants and your black vinyl jazz albums.

View attachment 97964
I have the MoFi box and it sounds great to me..........and I don't mind the exercise ;)

My order went through, did the 33 rpm UHQR. I already have the Mofi 45 rpm, so I'll either keep both or sell whichever one I like least to recoup the expense of the other.
Same for me. I just saw the cheapest NM MoFis for sale on Discogs is $150 shipped. I paid the regular list price of ~$65 I think.

we will see how this 33 compares.

Say what you will, I'm really stoked for this new AP pressing of Kind Of Blue. This album is just so timeless and transcendent. It's as fresh now as it was in '59. And knowing that much of the album largely consists of improvisation, just makes it so much more impressive. It's an album I'll never tire of, then again the lineup consists of my favorite jazz musicians, Evans, Miles, Coltrane, and Cannonball. I'm happy the release date is May 21 (if I was one of the first 6k) and am looking forward to cranking this pressing and tuning out the world for 45 min.

Say what you will, I'm really stoked for this new AP pressing of Kind Of Blue. This album is just so timeless and transcendent. It's as fresh now as it was in '59. And knowing that much of the album largely consists of improvisation, just makes it so much more impressive. It's an album I'll never tire of, then again the lineup consists of my favorite jazz musicians, Evans, Miles, Coltrane, and Cannonball. I'm happy the release date is May 21 (if I was one of the first 6k) and am looking forward to cranking this pressing and tuning out the world for 45 min.

60 years later and Miles and Frank still leading the jazz album sales charts.

I'm currently reading the Ashley Kahn book on the making of Kind Of Blue. It's a fascinating read so far. I'm hoping this new edition comes to my house before Miles' birthday on the 26th.

Back