Definitive Audiophile pressings

I'm currently reading the Ashley Kahn book on the making of Kind Of Blue. It's a fascinating read so far. I'm hoping this new edition comes to my house before Miles' birthday on the 26th.
I'll check that out.
Watched a short documentary on the album a few months ago. Here is a link to it on YouTube (not the best video quality though):

Found a local source for MOFI's! I knew this place had quite a bit of audiophile stuff when I used to go before COVID. It seems they haven't been picked over and continued receiving stock. Anyway, picking up an order in person this evening and will report back: Bill Withers at Carnegie, Pretenders Learning To Crawl and The Knack.

Found a local source for MOFI's! I knew this place had quite a bit of audiophile stuff when I used to go before COVID. It seems they haven't been picked over and continued receiving stock. Anyway, picking up an order in person this evening and will report back: Bill Withers at Carnegie, Pretenders Learning To Crawl and The Knack.
They sell online?

Alrighty audiophile experts 😂

which pressing is the definitive pressing of speaking in tongues? That rti one from a few years back or the most recent rhino colored one?
I have that clear one with the plastic cover but looking for a player copy of it...don’t want to part with that clear one

which pressing is the definitive pressing of speaking in tongues? That rti one from a few years back or the most recent rhino colored one?
I have that clear one with the plastic cover but looking for a player copy of it...don’t want to part with that clear one
Neither of those. I think they both had various skipping issues. My blue copy from last year plays through cleanly, but others have had issues during Burning Down the House.

I'd say you should opt for a near mint original release. Or a reissue shortly after the initial release.

No issues, sounds great :)

back in stock for those who were looking for it!

...and I have a black RTI Rhino from a few years back with no issues at all. From what I understand, it's pressed hot so some set-ups may not handle it well.

...and I have a black RTI Rhino from a few years back with no issues at all. From what I understand, it's pressed hot so some set-ups may not handle it well.
That’s what I was reading...lower end turntables can’t handle it I saw

I have a VG+ Copy of this…

…and it sounds good to my ears.

I have a VG+ Copy of this…

…and it sounds good to my ears.

Early US pressings are supposed to be great for Speaking In Tongues. On the other hand, I have an original Canadian pressing and it's not so good.

It does! Played it an hour ago and the mastering really elevates the record (I already own S/T and it's also fantastic). I wish MOFI would also release Pretenders II now....
I thought they did. I have the debut, which also sounds incredible, but was under the impression they also released the 2nd record, but nope, just the SACD

I don't remember who mentioned Duke Ellington "Masterpieces" but I listened to my copy again tonight and it blows everything else I have out of the water. No contest.

I picked up this one.

I don't remember who mentioned Duke Ellington "Masterpieces" but I listened to my copy again tonight and it blows everything else I have out of the water. No contest.

I picked up this one.
I agree this one sounds terrific. Others have praised the Analogue Productions pressing and I can believe it’s a great one.

I picked up this one.

I agree this one sounds terrific. Others have praised the Analogue Productions pressing and I can believe it’s a great one.
I have heard consistently great things about the sound quality of this record, from the original pressing to the newer audiophile pressings.

I really need to get a copy at some point.

Back