Definitive Audiophile pressings

Academy

My order went through, did the 33 rpm UHQR. I already have the Mofi 45 rpm, so I'll either keep both or sell whichever one I like least to recoup the expense of the other.
Same for me. I just saw the cheapest NM MoFis for sale on Discogs is $150 shipped. I paid the regular list price of ~$65 I think.

we will see how this 33 compares.

zdkaiser

Say what you will, I'm really stoked for this new AP pressing of Kind Of Blue. This album is just so timeless and transcendent. It's as fresh now as it was in '59. And knowing that much of the album largely consists of improvisation, just makes it so much more impressive. It's an album I'll never tire of, then again the lineup consists of my favorite jazz musicians, Evans, Miles, Coltrane, and Cannonball. I'm happy the release date is May 21 (if I was one of the first 6k) and am looking forward to cranking this pressing and tuning out the world for 45 min.

JohnnyCashFan

Say what you will, I'm really stoked for this new AP pressing of Kind Of Blue. This album is just so timeless and transcendent. It's as fresh now as it was in '59. And knowing that much of the album largely consists of improvisation, just makes it so much more impressive. It's an album I'll never tire of, then again the lineup consists of my favorite jazz musicians, Evans, Miles, Coltrane, and Cannonball. I'm happy the release date is May 21 (if I was one of the first 6k) and am looking forward to cranking this pressing and tuning out the world for 45 min.

60 years later and Miles and Frank still leading the jazz album sales charts.

mdmost

I'm currently reading the Ashley Kahn book on the making of Kind Of Blue. It's a fascinating read so far. I'm hoping this new edition comes to my house before Miles' birthday on the 26th.

zdkaiser

I'm currently reading the Ashley Kahn book on the making of Kind Of Blue. It's a fascinating read so far. I'm hoping this new edition comes to my house before Miles' birthday on the 26th.
I'll check that out.
Watched a short documentary on the album a few months ago. Here is a link to it on YouTube (not the best video quality though):

Turbo

Found a local source for MOFI's! I knew this place had quite a bit of audiophile stuff when I used to go before COVID. It seems they haven't been picked over and continued receiving stock. Anyway, picking up an order in person this evening and will report back: Bill Withers at Carnegie, Pretenders Learning To Crawl and The Knack.

jamieanderson1968

Found a local source for MOFI's! I knew this place had quite a bit of audiophile stuff when I used to go before COVID. It seems they haven't been picked over and continued receiving stock. Anyway, picking up an order in person this evening and will report back: Bill Withers at Carnegie, Pretenders Learning To Crawl and The Knack.
They sell online?

Crabbers

Alrighty audiophile experts 😂

which pressing is the definitive pressing of speaking in tongues? That rti one from a few years back or the most recent rhino colored one?
I have that clear one with the plastic cover but looking for a player copy of it...don’t want to part with that clear one

zdkaiser

Alrighty audiophile experts 😂

which pressing is the definitive pressing of speaking in tongues? That rti one from a few years back or the most recent rhino colored one?
I have that clear one with the plastic cover but looking for a player copy of it...don’t want to part with that clear one
Neither of those. I think they both had various skipping issues. My blue copy from last year plays through cleanly, but others have had issues during Burning Down the House.

I'd say you should opt for a near mint original release. Or a reissue shortly after the initial release.

AnthonyI

MikeH

back in stock for those who were looking for it!