Definitive Audiophile pressings

If they end up sending you a replacement, I would love to buy this dinged copy from you. Seems unlikely, but wanted to float it out there
I think sadly you haven't seen the following posts haha. Seems they have NO copies as replacements or at least very few at best.

Good lord. Dexter Gordon's One Flight Up via the Target B2G1 sale just got delayed to a delivery date of May 14th lol

So is the MoFi really the best bet for a copy of Sticky Fingers, or is there a hidden "Audio" gem out there? The current half speeds seem to be hit or miss comment wise.

I have this pressing, got it as a gift, not bad, but could be better ;)

So is the MoFi really the best bet for a copy of Sticky Fingers, or is there a hidden "Audio" gem out there? The current half speeds seem to be hit or miss comment wise.

Which one do you have? The link goes to all versions

I think it is, like most stones, a notoriously poor recording to begin with, they were never an audiophile band. I think OGs or the MoFi are likely the best but you’re never going to have perfection here, That said I’d rather have rough recordings of the stones than some of the audiophile shit out there.

I have heard that the MoFi is not that great...I have put off buying a copy of the MoFi for awhile now. I think @Joe Mac is right...it's simply a bad recording. So some sound better than others but at this point, I just have gone with a high res digital copy.

I have heard that the MoFi is not that great...I have put off buying a copy of the MoFi for awhile now. I think @Joe Mac is right...it's simply a bad recording. So some sound better than others but at this point, I just have gone with a high res digital copy.

I think I’d say merely sufficient rather than bad lol! Those songs could never be bad and sometimes that adds a bit of character. I’m happy enough with my 2015, it’s far from perfect, and I probably wouldn’t recommend it, but most of the music on there is!

Last edited:
I had heard the same on the MoFi, some still swear by it, but they seem to be more MoFi fanboys than actual audiophiles, lol. That said, as I'm going through albums I'm looking to upgrade those that aren't all that..........again, this isn't terrible so maybe I should just let it be.

I had heard the same on the MoFi, some still swear by it, but they seem to be more MoFi fanboys than actual audiophiles, lol. That said, as I'm going through albums I'm looking to upgrade those that aren't all that..........again, this isn't terrible so maybe I should just let it be.

I think this is one where you don’t listen critically. You just get it the moment and enjoy the dirty rock n roll!

Consensus over at hoffman seems to be to go original. Take that with as many grains of salt as you deem necessary. I am happy with mine.

Oops, sorry........

That is probably pretty good. I read that the best are the ones with TML in the run out groove, generally early German, UK & French.

I recently got this, side 2 is TML & sounds pretty great, so far side 1 not so much. I might just need some extra strength deep cleaner.

What about that issue with a skip in Walk of Life? Is that common or just a rare occurrence that was blown out of proportion on Hoffman?

Back