Definitive Audiophile pressings

ugh haha. it's the only place that has an album i have been looking for for awhile at a decent price...which probably means he doesn't actually have it...but...

The question is do you need the album enough to deal with him and the potential issues if it goes odd. I’ve long since decided I don’t.

ugh haha. it's the only place that has an album i have been looking for for awhile at a decent price...which probably means he doesn't actually have it...but...

What's his shipping like to the US?

If you want to try it, I have an outstanding order with him (which could be months before I get it). So If you let me know what it is I can put an order in & if it doesn't show I can deal with him to get the money back when I get or don't get the other titles. So you don't have to bother about it. It would mean I would have to ship from the UK if I did get a record through. I should be able to do it for a similar price (shipping) but don't know.

He can come good, but it can take a long time

I'm delaying doing some work, and looked at a Sound of Vinyl promotional e-mail. The Sinatra comp seems a bit expensive. When looking at cogs seems to be that the US version is a BG mastering, but exclusively through Walmart. Can this be right? Is this the future? Is Walmart going to get BG & Boom Boom exclusives & become the definitive Audiophile outlet?

What's his shipping like to the US?

If you want to try it, I have an outstanding order with him (which could be months before I get it). So If you let me know what it is I can put an order in & if it doesn't show I can deal with him to get the money when I get or don't get the other titles. So you don't have to bother about it. It would mean I would have to ship from the UK, I should be able to do it for a similar price (shipping) but don't know.

He can come good, but it can take a long time
It's £10 to ship to the US. I'll give it a think and appreciate the offer!

I'm delaying doing some work, and looked at a Sound of Vinyl promotional e-mail. The Sinatra comp seems a bit expensive. When looking at cogs seems to be that the US version is a BG mastering, but exclusively through Walmart. Can this be right? Is this the future? Is Walmart going to get BG & Boom Boom exclusives & become the definitive Audiophile outlet?

Sometimes I don't entirely believe the discogs entries, especially since this one has no deadwax entered. Walmart does get quite a lot of BG or CB cuts though. I think their Fleetwood Mac variants were CB cuts.

I see it on PP’s site. Have you seen it anywhere in the US?
Haven’t seen it in US stores yet but it’s cheaper to order from jpc.de even with shipping than it is to buy from US stores.

Edit: don’t see it yet on JPC’s site but I’m sure it will be there soon since the restock happened

Last edited:
Yeah they’ve replaced all the various uk indies I used to order from before brexit. Hopefully get a chance to go into notts at Christmas and spend a little in store to make up for it!

Yeah they’ve replaced all the various uk indies I used to order from before brexit. Hopefully get a chance to go into notts at Christmas and spend a little in store to make up for it!
Hope you can make it to Rob’s in notts for a few hours haha

Back