Definitive Audiophile pressings

Hope you can make it to Rob’s in notts for a few hours haha

I have a bit of a dislike of cramped and crowed dusty spaces but if it’s not as busy as last time and I can get over that I will try, that’s for sure!

price seems steep, but I believe this is the CB/Pallas cut of Californication and just got restocked:

might be back in stock elsewhere too soon if anybody was looking for it?

price seems steep, but I believe this is the CB/Pallas cut of Californication and just got restocked:

might be back in stock elsewhere too soon if anybody was looking for it?
Any way to check if this is the same?

The UPC matches…

Any way to check if this is the same?

The UPC matches…

hard to tell....the target one might not even be the CB. i think this might be one of those annoying cases of multiple pressings having the same UPC. you can tell visually by the cover/sticker on the front, but these all seem to use the generic album art as the photo so can't really tell...

the vlado press sounds AWFUL too. brickwalled to shit. so might not be worth the gamble.

The question has been raised a few times here, but has anyone at this point listened to the half-speed master of The Velvet Underground & Nico?

The question has been raised a few times here, but has anyone at this point listened to the half-speed master of The Velvet Underground & Nico?
@wmeugene ordered then I believe but not sure if they arrived or not yet

I was waiting to hear from others . Only review I’ve seen is the 45RPM guy and he absolutely hated them

@wmeugene ordered then I believe but not sure if they arrived or not yet

I was waiting to hear from others . Only review I’ve seen is the 45RPM guy and he absolutely hated them
I have listened to them. I'd say mine were pressed well, no noticeable pops or surface noise issues.

As far as dynamics, I think they sounded pretty good. The bass on Candy Says on the self-titled was more forward than I recall from the CD, so Lou Reed's vocal sound a little low. Otherwise, nothing stood out to me as noticeable when it came to sound. I wouldn't say either is audiophile per se, but for a modern repress I think these are pretty good, particularly if you can get them on sale.

Ouch! Tell us what you really think. Haha. He's very sincere and I've appreciated his opinions and recommendations in the past, so it would be hard to overlook this panning.
My favorite part is when he says the people at Abbey Road should listen to the Sundazed box set and then not come out of their room because they should feel ashamed 😂😂. He wasn’t even listening to the KG cut box.

I have listened to them. I'd say mine were pressed well, no noticeable pops or surface noise issues.

As far as dynamics, I think they sounded pretty good. The bass on Candy Says on the self-titled was more forward than I recall from the CD, so Lou Reed's vocal sound a little low. Otherwise, nothing stood out to me as noticeable when it came to sound. I wouldn't say either is audiophile per se, but for a modern repress I think these are pretty good, particularly if you can get them on sale.
Cool. Thanks for sharing your appraisal!

Back