Definitive Audiophile pressings

Im in Cleveland right now and went to a local shop and they had the SRV sealed with an upgraded price of $175

I chuckled and walked away :)
What shop? I got couldn’t stand the weather up on a work trip. Talked them down in price. 175 is cheaper than they have been going for…. Which SRV was it?

What shop? I got couldn’t stand the weather up on a work trip. Talked them down in price. 175 is cheaper than they have been going for…. Which SRV was it?
It was weather….a shop in Bedford Ohio called the vinyl grooves records.

They also had a sealed gd shrine exposition hall for $180…that’s the one a scoffed at the most :)

It was weather….a shop in Bedford Ohio called the vinyl grooves records.

They also had a sealed gd shrine exposition hall for $180…that’s the one a scoffed at the most :)
That’s where I got my SRV. I think I got it for 150 or 160. Can’t remember.

Im in Cleveland right now and went to a local shop and they had the SRV sealed with an upgraded price of $175

I chuckled and walked away :)
To be honest, that’s not a bad price for it currently. I personally wouldn’t spend that on it (and I have a copy that I’ll look at trading soon I think) but compared to buying it elsewhere it’s about market value I think

To be honest, that’s not a bad price for it currently. I personally wouldn’t spend that on it (and I have a copy that I’ll look at trading soon I think) but compared to buying it elsewhere it’s about market value I think

I think the test has to be what it’s worth to you though. I wouldn’t particularly want any copy of that album in my collection so the thought of $175 just because it’s a one step doesn’t make it value. The right album could equally hit that irrational trigger in my brain that would make me pay more.

It’s like someone telling me what my place is worth. It doesn’t really matter until the point I go to sell.

I think the test has to be what it’s worth to you though. I wouldn’t particularly want any copy of that album in my collection so the thought of $175 just because it’s a one step doesn’t make it value. The right album could equally hit that irrational trigger in my brain that would make me pay more.

It’s like someone telling me what my place is worth. It doesn’t really matter until the point I go to sell.
Oh yea for sure. I’d pay $175 for the Blood on the Tracks One step for example. But SRV isn’t all that interesting to me. I got it out of FOMO in a sale awhile ago so I figure I’ll try to trade it soon

Oh yea for sure. I’d pay $175 for the Blood on the Tracks One step for example. But SRV isn’t all that interesting to me. I got it out of FOMO in a sale awhile ago so I figure I’ll try to trade it soon

Yeah they’re just too expensive to have captured me in FOMO. BOTT is the only one that massively grabbed me. WGO had the potential to as well but the impressions of that one haven’t been universally outstanding so I didn’t bother.

Yeah they’re just too expensive to have captured me in FOMO. BOTT is the only one that massively grabbed me. WGO had the potential to as well but the impressions of that one haven’t been universally outstanding so I didn’t bother.
WGO is really nice but I really hate the 45 format on it. Really hope the BoomBoom cut is pressed at a good plant

WGO is really nice but I really hate the 45 format on it. Really hope the BoomBoom cut is pressed at a good plant

Most universal owned stuff seems to be optimal these days. I like optimal, the presses are generally clean.

So a couple things....

I went to my local this weekend and ended up with a copy of Janis Joplin "Pearl" 2x45 MOFI even though I already had a decent reissue pressed at RTI. This is all of your faults for talking about it last week. But, damn, this MOFI pressing is so good. No regerts!

I also picked up Sonny Rollins On Impulse. This is my first of the AP Impulse/Verve series that's competing with the Tone Poets. I'm really impressed! Sweet package and pressing for a price that's slightly less than the Tone Poets.

Lastly, I finally received my copy of The Church from Intervention Records. Seems like it took forever in shipping but it got to me intact. As with all of the other IR's I have, this is an absolutely beautiful pressing. Don't sleep on this if this is your speed.

So a couple things....

I went to my local this weekend and ended up with a copy of Janis Joplin "Pearl" 2x45 MOFI even though I already had a decent reissue pressed at RTI. This is all of your faults for talking about it last week. But, damn, this MOFI pressing is so good. No regerts!

I also picked up Sonny Rollins On Impulse. This is my first of the AP Impulse/Verve series that's competing with the Tone Poets. I'm really impressed! Sweet package and pressing for a price that's slightly less than the Tone Poets.

Lastly, I finally received my copy of The Church from Intervention Records. Seems like it took forever in shipping but it got to me intact. As with all of the other IR's I have, this is an absolutely beautiful pressing. Don't sleep on this if this is your speed.
I want that Church record man.
I want it real bad.
Did you order directly from Intervention?

Last edited:
I react that Church record man.
I want it real bad.
Did you order directly from Intervention?

Yes I did and it was expensive. But damn it's good. I've seen it around recently and was kicking myself... but I can't remember where right now. Let me trace back to a few of my usual haunts to see if I can give you lead.

EDIT: it was Doug - he's got some in his store. You should PM him.

Last edited:
@Ethos99 had it in the Palladin Buys Club. I did not grab it because I am still pissed at how IR sequenced the record that I will stick with cd copy for now

I was a bit miffed by it too, but it's not too bad the way they did it. They added the acoustic versions to the end of side 3, so it's pretty clear the record is over at that point and you're into extra material.

Back