Definitive Audiophile pressings

Completely unrelated but thx to recs here, I just received a sealed copy of the Sundazed KG ”Bridge Over Troubled Water.” Cleaned and played, and it’s also excellent and will suit me very well so I can stop dreaming of winning the lottery and buying the One Step or Classic
Nice! That bridge is hard to find now but it does sound awesome!

I dont own any one steps so I dont know better :)
Oh well in that case…
1634946270005.gif

I tease. I’ve decided unless I can get them for way less than list or it’s a top 20 or so album for me, I’ll be out on most of the upcoming ones. I have Tapestry on order from Target but expecting it to get cancelled. It was $85 so for that price I’m okay to order it.

The 45 of Pearl is good enough for me and I don’t spin it a ton. So paying $125+ for it isn’t a good use of money for me.

I am kinda surprised you don’t have any one steps but it’s probably for the best!

I didn't know where to share this so figured here was a good of a place as any. Really interesting read, although not anything that we haven't heard before.

“We noticed during Covid that we got a lot more mail-order complaints like, ‘The jacket has a 10th-of-an-inch bend on the corner,’” said Brian Lowit of Dischord Records, the Washington label behind post-punk icons like Fugazi. “We ask them if the record is playing well and they’ll say, ‘I don’t know, I just keep it in the shrink wrap.’”

one for @RHANDMJ to comment on I'm sure!

I don’t either but….I’m drunk and I love this record ;)

I dont own any one steps so I dont know better :)

I’m drunk too but it’s much later and I’m listening to a lot of electronic music tonight…

I own one 1step, it’s in my all time top 5 and I’ve no regrets, it smokes everything else. Not sure I’d spend that much new on something I didn’t love love love.

Last edited:
Oh well in that case…
View attachment 115471

I tease. I’ve decided unless I can get them for way less than list or it’s a top 20 or so album for me, I’ll be out on most of the upcoming ones. I have Tapestry on order from Target but expecting it to get cancelled. It was $85 so for that price I’m okay to order it.

The 45 of Pearl is good enough for me and I don’t spin it a ton. So paying $125+ for it isn’t a good use of money for me.

I am kinda surprised you don’t have any one steps but it’s probably for the best!
They’ve all been blah for me or $1 records ;)

This is the closest for me so far

They’ve all been blah for me or $1 records ;)

This is the closest for me so far
Even Blood on the Tracks? I missed out on the Bill Evans and that’s probably the only ones I regret not getting. Dylan, Mingus, Monk are all fantastic. Marvin is great but I dislike the 45. Most of the other titles are meh although the Paul Simon is solid. So if you’re not into jazz, probably not a ton to be thrilled with so far.

Even Blood on the Tracks? I missed out on the Bill Evans and that’s probably the only ones I regret not getting. Dylan, Mingus, Monk are all fantastic. Marvin is great but I dislike the 45. Most of the other titles are meh although the Paul Simon is solid. So if you’re not into jazz, probably not a ton to be thrilled with so far.

Yep as much as I like WGO and Paul Simon in general (they picked the wrong album for him) BOTT is the one. A stunning pressing of a top tier album.

I mean…how much better could this be from the reg. 45rpm?

(Please don’t say a huge difference , please don’t say a huge difference)

Regular one is great. One-Step should be also. This is the “Definitive Audiophile pressings” forum no? Where we obsess over minute differences in search of the best available pressings. :). Quietest vinyl. Slightly better female voice tone. Etc.

Of course, I enjoy this album when it is playing thru my iPhone speaker on my desk. Great music always finds a way.

I’m looking forward to the new Janis. I may eventually get around to comparing the two MoFi versions. Maybe not. This morning’s email says One-Step starts shipping in two weeks. 🤞

I have Tapestry on order from Target but expecting it to get cancelled. It was $85 so for that price I’m okay to order it.

I use Tapestry as a demo setup disc when making changes to my system. I will for sure be comparing versions on this one. :)

Okay so I swear I saw a promo somewhere that Analogue Productions was doing a 2LP 45 release of Mingus "Blues & Roots". But now I can't find any mention of it. Did I dream that? Anyone heard this?

Okay so I swear I saw a promo somewhere that Analogue Productions was doing a 2LP 45 release of Mingus "Blues & Roots". But now I can't find any mention of it. Did I dream that? Anyone heard this?
It was on an AP print out included in some newer pressings. No preorder info or anything yet as far as I know

Should have a wider release. Anybody get vol 1 of this box set? Aux Arms Et Cetera rules

Should have a wider release. Anybody get vol 1 of this box set? Aux Arms Et Cetera rules
I remember seeing it cheap on Amazon.ca (about $110cdn). I think I posted it in the pre-order or online deals thread but I don't remember anyone commenting on it.

I might grab this vol 2 if I see it for a cheap price

I'm still tempted to pick up box 1 (If I can see a cheap copy) but don't have it.

I do have the French 2016 double LP of Melody Nelson, which really surprised me as it sounds great. There appears to be a new repress doing the rounds. looks the same as the 2016 version. Definitely recommended.

Back