Definitive Audiophile pressings

I just snagged these from AS's 15% off sale... All 33RPM

Johnny Hartman/ Once In Every Life
Cat Stevens/ Tea For The Tillerman
Michel Legrand/ Legrand Jazz

Anyone else have these? I have high expectations.
I have this pressing of Tea for the Tillerman! I think it sounds great.

I just snagged these from AS's 15% off sale... All 33RPM

Johnny Hartman/ Once In Every Life
Cat Stevens/ Tea For The Tillerman
Michel Legrand/ Legrand Jazz

Anyone else have these? I have high expectations.

I have the Legrand Jazz (33 1/3), and it sounds amazing.

I put a small order in, I did look at Tea for the Tillerman, but they seem to be charging quite a lot for it compared to everything else, so went for some others.

I stumbled on these Blues Direct 2 Disc pressings, I've never head of them before. Seems to be a AP sub label (APO records) all Kevin Gray pressed at RTI, going for $10 each. I don't know much about the artists, but I thought worth a punt on a few copies. Does anyone have any?

I put a small order in, I did look at Tea for the Tillerman, but they seem to be charging quite a lot for it compared to everything else, so went for some others.

I stumbled on these Blues Direct 2 Disc pressings, I've never head of them before. Seems to be a AP sub label (APO records) all Kevin Gray pressed at RTI, going for $10 each. I don't know much about the artists, but I thought worth a punt on a few copies. Does anyone have any?

Interesting! Haven’t seen those.

I got the Tea for the Tillerman on eBay for $30 via make an offer. They pop up every once in awhile on eBay and discogs for not a crazy price although not sure about U.K. sellers!

Interesting! Haven’t seen those.

I got the Tea for the Tillerman on eBay for $30 via make an offer. They pop up every once in awhile on eBay and discogs for not a crazy price although not sure about U.K. sellers!

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for a cheaper one (Acoustic Sounds are charging $75 for it, when you add shipping and import costs it feels too much).

Tea for the Tillerman 2, is due out soon as well, that might be an interesting option

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for a cheaper one (Acoustic Sounds are charging $75 for it, when you add shipping and import costs it feels too much).

Tea for the Tillerman 2, is due out soon as well, that might be an interesting option
I have the 33 RPM, not the 45 so it's $50 new but I got it for $30 slightly used.

Hi guys, I have a question you might be able to answer

I was watching this youtube video of a guy that bought $25,113 worth of audiophile pressings and he showed a lot of the Classic Records Single Sided 45rpm releases. As an example, the Sonny Rollins - Bridge is split across 4 single-sided records. Im just wondering what benefit there is to it being single sided? From every aspect, it seems like more of an inconvenience (switching, storage, etc), so im guessing there is a benefit to the audio somehow?

I’ve got two sets like this. The advantage to 45 RPM is better sound. The advantage to single sided is that the playing surface never touches the platter. Also, because the platter side is totally smooth (no grooves) the disc mates to the platter in a tighter/smoother fashion- of course I’m assuming one is using a weight/clamp.

I’ve got the Classic Records Belafonte at Carnegie Hall on both 8X single sided 45 and 2 LP 33. The 33 is really nice. The 45 is mind boggling.

There are a bunch of rumored picks coming up. Somethin Else by Canonball Adderley is the big one. The others aren’t entirely great IMO...Blood Sweat and Tears self-titled, Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years and ELO - El Dorado are supposedly in the works.

If they do Blood Sweat and Tears, I’m all the way in.

There are a bunch of rumored picks coming up. Somethin Else by Canonball Adderley is the big one. The others aren’t entirely great IMO...Blood Sweat and Tears self-titled, Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years and ELO - El Dorado are supposedly in the works.
OMG OMG OMFG!

THEY’RE DOING A ONE-STEP PRESSING OF SOMETHIN’ ELSE!?!?! 😱😱😱😍😍😍

That album is exceptional and I would purchase the One-Step pressing for that one instantly! Autumn Leaves 🍁 is a favourite of mine! Omg, can’t believe they’re doing a One-Step SuperVinyl pressing of this masterpiece! 🤓

I hope they include the bonus track “Bangoon” on this One-Step release! 🤞

This Cannonball Adderley release also has to be limited to at least 9,000 copies! It’s such a well-known Blue Note album, and is an essential Blue Note recording! 💎

I also purchased the Analogue Productions 2LP 45RPM pressing of Stevie Ray Vaughn’s Texas Flood! That pressing sounds amazing apparently! I know the MoFi One-Step would sound better, but I’m sure this AP pressing will be a treat nonetheless! ♥

@HiFi Guy - You have the One-Step pressing for Texas Flood right? Didn’t you also used to have the AP 45RPM pressing for Texas Flood? If so, how big was the improvement of the One-Step pressing of Texas Flood over the AP pressing?

Last edited:

Omg, I just looked up that album and Cat Stevens sings the original for ‘Wild World’! I’ve always known Maxi Priest’s cover version, which I love......but never heard the original! 😱

It’s such a great track! Omg, and I’ve always heard the song “Father and Son” on the radio too! And this is on the same album, and omg, it’s actually a really a beautiful, touching, bittersweet song and I think I love the track too! 😱🌻🌈

I am shocked! Those are such two great songs and now I know where they’re from! 😵

I also purchased the Analogue Productions 2LP 45RPM pressing of Stevie Ray Vaughn’s Texas Flood! That pressing sounds amazing apparently! I know the MoFi One-Step would sound better, but I’m sure this AP pressing will be a treat nonetheless! ♥

@HiFi Guy - You have the One-Step pressing for Texas Flood right? Didn’t you also used to have the AP 45RPM pressing for Texas Flood? If so, how big was the improvement of the One-Step pressing of Texas Flood over the AP pressing?

I don’t have the AP Texas Flood. I do have the AP Couldn’t Stand the Weather. It’s good! I’ll likely pass on the MoFi.

Omg, I just looked up that album and Cat Stevens sings the original for ‘Wild World’! I’ve always known Maxi Priest’s cover version, which I love......but never heard the original! 😱

It’s such a great track! Omg, and I’ve always heard the song “Father and Son” on the radio too! And this is on the same album, and omg, it’s actually a really a beautiful, touching, bittersweet song and I think I love the track too! 😱🌻🌈

I am shocked! Those are such two great songs and now I know where they’re from! 😵
Its an all time classic album. Around here its easy to find in your $3-$9 used range. And at every garage sale.

Its worth owning for sure.

Oh man. You have been missing out! The entire album is amazing. And others here are right—it’s a pretty easy album to find an original pressing of for really cheap. I only recently updated my OG copy for the AP. The original was from my parents’ record collection and I’ve had it for forever.

Oh man. You have been missing out! The entire album is amazing. And others here are right—it’s a pretty easy album to find an original pressing of for really cheap. I only recently updated my OG copy for the AP. The original was from my parents’ record collection and I’ve had it for forever.
And the original sounds pretty damn good.

OMG OMG OMFG!

THEY’RE DOING A ONE-STEP PRESSING OF SOMETHIN’ ELSE!?!?! 😱😱😱😍😍😍

That album is exceptional and I would purchase the One-Step pressing for that one instantly! Autumn Leaves 🍁 is a favourite of mine! Omg, can’t believe they’re doing a One-Step SuperVinyl pressing of this masterpiece! 🤓

I hope they include the bonus track “Bangoon” on this One-Step release! 🤞

This Cannonball Adderley release also has to be limited to at least 9,000 copies! It’s such a well-known Blue Note album, and is an essential Blue Note recording! 💎
Some places have had Somethin Else on preorder but nothing official has come from MoFi as far as I know. The new SRV is up next officially.

@HiFi Guy - this was inside of my latest MoFi (the repress of Bill Withers’ Greatest Hits) so I’m guessing Blood Sweat and Tears may be next:

B995CF47-3AA5-4C22-9EA2-68EA45A80E9F.jpeg

Some places have had Somethin Else on preorder but nothing official has come from MoFi as far as I know. The new SRV is up next officially.

@HiFi Guy - this was inside of my latest MoFi (the repress of Bill Withers’ Greatest Hits) so I’m guessing Blood Sweat and Tears may be next:

View attachment 64808
Thanks for sharing that pic! 🍻
I’m going to get the Analogue Productions 33 1/3RPM, 200g pressing as it was remastered by Kevin Gray and the pressing sounds superb from the Discogs review! I made a recent order with Acoustic Sounds so I’m going to see if they can sneak in an AP copy of Tea for the Tillerman! 🤞
Its an all time classic album. Around here its easy to find in your $3-$9 used range. And at every garage sale.

Its worth owning for sure.
I’m so glad you like the album Jonny because I really like you! I’m getting the AP 200g pressing and can’t wait to spin it, and just chill with some tea and listen to this beautiful album! 🍵
I don’t have the AP Texas Flood. I do have the AP Couldn’t Stand the Weather. It’s good! I’ll likely pass on the MoFi.
I’ll try and remember to let you know my thoughts on the AP pressing of Texas Flood! I didn’t really care for that album on my first listen because I remember seeing the One-Step pressing and I was interested. But I listened to the album again and it clicked and I am in love! The energy and guitar playing on that album is magical! ♥️

Back