Definitive Audiophile pressings

Welllllll, I have a 2008 mono copy but I’m sure this one will be better.
The stereo pressing sounds superb! I have both the stereo and mono AP pressings for Pet Sounds, and whilst both sound great in their own way, the stereo sounds better in my opinion! It’s more focused, sharp, and has a better soundstage!

Enjoy the Analogue Productions Pet Sounds! Did you order the mono or stereo version? And did you get the 33 1/3RPM or 45RPM pressing?

The stereo pressing sounds superb! I have both the stereo and mono AP pressings for Pet Sounds, and whilst both sound great in their own way, the stereo sounds better in my opinion! It’s more focused, sharp, and has a better soundstage!

Enjoy the Analogue Productions Pet Sounds! Did you order the mono or stereo version? And did you get the 33 1/3RPM or 45RPM pressing?

I ordered the stereo 45rpm version. I’m looking forward to sitting down with it. 😀

I ordered the stereo 45rpm version. I’m looking forward to sitting down with it. 😀
That's the best pressing of the album I've heard so far! I love it so much! You're in for a treat! 😋🕺

I love Analogue Productions so much! They're the best! I love MoFi, Pure Pleasure, Speakers Corner, VMP Classics, Tone Poet and Acoustic Sounds pressings, but out of all of them, Analogue Productions is my favourite because they do 45RPM, and have the best range out of all of them too! Dusty Springfield, The Beach Boys, Sonny Rollins, Charles Mingus to The Doors, Herbie Hancock, Sam Cooke and Julia London, it's awesome! ♥♥♥

That's the best pressing of the album I've heard so far! I love it so much! You're in for a treat! 😋🕺

I love Analogue Productions so much! They're the best! I love MoFi, Pure Pleasure, Speakers Corner, VMP Classics, Tone Poet and Acoustic Sounds pressings, but out of all of them, Analogue Productions is my favourite because they do 45RPM, and have the best range out of all of them too! Dusty Springfield, The Beach Boys, Sonny Rollins, Charles Mingus to The Doors, Herbie Hancock, Sam Cooke and Julia London, it's awesome! ♥♥♥

There were some other albums that I wanted to buy like Counting Crows and Brubeck’s Time Out but at that price point, I’ll have to come back. I should probably pre order that A Love Supreme as well.

There were some other albums that I wanted to buy like Counting Crows and Brubeck’s Time Out but at that price point, I’ll have to come back. I should probably pre order that A Love Supreme as well.
The AP pressing for Dave Brubeck’s Time Out is spectacular!

I cannot wait for the Acoustic Sounds reissue for John Coltrane’s A Love Supreme! It’s definitely the most anticipated reissue this year for me!

The AP pressing for Dave Brubeck’s Time Out is spectacular!

I cannot wait for the Acoustic Sounds reissue for John Coltrane’s A Love Supreme! It’s definitely the most anticipated reissue this year for me!

I ordered the 33 1/3 version of Time Out with the 15% off, I’m looking forward to that. I have the John Coltrane ones on preorder from Deep Discount. I have high expectations🙂

I ordered the 33 1/3 version of Time Out with the 15% off, I’m looking forward to that. I have the John Coltrane ones on preorder from Deep Discount. I have high expectations🙂
And so you should have high expectations for the John Coltrane reissues as the Acoustic Sounds reissues for Getz/Gilberto and Louis Armstrong meets Oscar Peterson sounds superb! 🏆

I am extremely confident that the Acoustic Sounds reissues of John Coltrane’s Ballads and Love Supreme will sound stellar! 💯🧞‍♂️

I am looking very forward to the Nina Simone Acoustic Sounds reissues too! 😍🙇‍♂️

I really, really, really like the 8 albums Acoustic Sounds decided to give the AAA, 180g, QRP treatment! And all the releases are supervised by the CEO of Acoustic Sounds! Like they know a lot of people are anticipating these reissues and so far, they have done a 10/10 job! 👏👏👏

And so you should have high expectations for the John Coltrane reissues as the Acoustic Sounds reissues for Getz/Gilberto and Louis Armstrong meets Oscar Peterson sounds superb! 🏆

I am extremely confident that the Acoustic Sounds reissues of John Coltrane’s Ballads and Love Supreme will sound stellar! 💯🧞‍♂️

I am looking very forward to the Nina Simone Acoustic Sounds reissues too! 😍🙇‍♂️

I really, really, really like the 8 albums Acoustic Sounds decided to give the AAA, 180g, QRP treatment! And all the releases are supervised by the CEO of Acoustic Sounds! Like they know a lot of people are anticipating these reissues and so far, they have done a 10/10 job! 👏👏👏

we are being spoiled with excellent AAA vinyl 🍺

we are being spoiled with excellent AAA vinyl 🍺
We are, and I love it and I am so grateful too that I’ve been able to immerse myself in the AAA vinyl/audiophile pressing world! It’s such a joy when you listen to high quality pressings of music you love! It really does remind you why we listen to and collect vinyl! 🐙🥰

Anyone ever compare the 33 and 45 RPM versions of APs Brubeck Time Out? Wondering if it’s worth the extra $15/20.

I haven't but I've just ordered the 33 version. It depends what you want, apparently the 33 sounds great. I did some reading round the net & I think the general impression is buy the 33 first, If you think you could improve on it then buy the 45.

I am a bit lazy though & prefer not to flip the record over 5 minutes, If you want to get the best possible version, I'd probably pay the extra $15.

G
I haven't but I've just ordered the 33 version. It depends what you want, apparently the 33 sounds great. I did some reading round the net & I think the general impression is buy the 33 first, If you think you could improve on it then buy the 45.

I am a bit lazy though & prefer not to flip the record over 5 minutes, If you want to get the best possible version, I'd probably pay the extra $15.
Thanks! They’re back ordered a lot of places, guess a lot of people jumped on Acoustic Sounds’ sale, so I was hoping to grab one now and stick with it. I know the 45 is a bit more dated, so maybe I’ll go with that. I normally prefer 33 so as to not break up the record, but wouldn’t mind so much with this one. But on an album like Pet Sounds, I much prefer two sides.

Giving the Getz/Gilberto a spin right now. Quite nice. Well worth the money. Easily on the same level with the Tone Poets.
The remastering details on all of these are interesting. The Getz/Gilberto was done by the same guy who remastered the 45RPM AP from a while back and I believe he’s dead now, so people think that he remastered for 33 at the same time and it wasn’t released until now. It seems that at least mastering-wise, these should all be AP quality if not actual plates from AP mastering sessions.

If he cut a lacquer back then it is long past useable. The reason this 'series' has so many different mastering engineers is that they are obviously using the 45 rpm masterings, simply cutting them to 33.

If he cut a lacquer back then it is long past useable. The reason this 'series' has so many different mastering engineers is that they are obviously using the 45 rpm masterings, simply cutting them to 33.
I misspoke on "actual plates" but they are all likely just the mastering from older AP series on some and others are new masters. I don't think Ryan Smith remastered the Louis Armstrong from any other series recently but he did the new reissue of it. There are a few other cases of this too. Ryan Smith also did A Love Supreme which was not the same as the AP because Kevin Gray did that one...so your statement of "The reason this 'series' has so many different mastering engineers is that they are obviously using the 45 rpm masterings, simply cutting them to 33" is not true.

The series is more or less the same to AP as Tone Poets are to Music Matters. A lot of the same people involved but they aren't all the same masters, just some it seems.

If that's true about lacquers expiring, they made a mother/father/plate from it. Your last sentence doesn't make sense unless you are claiming they are lying about AAA.

Back