Definitive Audiophile pressings

MoFi Undercurrent and Bill Withers Greatest Hits arrived this weekend! The Bill Withers sounds awesome. Undercurrent sounds good but there is definitely tape hiss on it. Not the end of the world for me as it was $25 and cheaper than any other copies I have seen in awhile but still a bit of a bummer!

My One Step of Mingus Ah Um just shipped too. Excited for that one! I mentioned this earlier, and not to stoke FOMO, but it's now OOP so if you were thinking of grabbing a copy, now might be the time if you see a copy at your local or online at original retail anywhere. Looks like "Somethin Else" might be next after SRV, although Blood Sweat and Tears One Step seems to be on the printed inners of my latest MoFi purchases.

MoFi Undercurrent and Bill Withers Greatest Hits arrived this weekend! The Bill Withers sounds awesome. Undercurrent sounds good but there is definitely tape hiss on it. Not the end of the world for me as it was $25 and cheaper than any other copies I have seen in awhile but still a bit of a bummer!

My One Step of Mingus Ah Um just shipped too. Excited for that one! I mentioned this earlier, and not to stoke FOMO, but it's now OOP so if you were thinking of grabbing a copy, now might be the time if you see a copy at your local or online at original retail anywhere. Looks like "Somethin Else" might be next after SRV, although Blood Sweat and Tears One Step seems to be on the printed inners of my latest MoFi purchases.
I'm desperately trying to locate a copy of Mingus up here in Canada. Seems most didn't make it North of the border...

Came here just to show it.

Attachments

• 20200831_193400.jpg
    20200831_193400.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 21
Came here just to show it.
Definitely underwhelmed by MoFi picking that Stevie Tay Vaughn album to be the next release to get the Step-One SuperVinyl treatment! It’s the second release by Stevie Ray Vaughn and i was hoping for a more bold/wow kinda pick! Like I was hoping for something like Bill Withers’ Still Bill!

Ooooo I like the Blood Sweat & Tears pick though! I’m liking what I’m hearing! I think I’m definitely going to try and pick that one up! I can imagine really enjoying that release with it getting the One-Step treatment! 🙃

@Joe Mac - Do you like the band Blood Sweat & Tears!? 🤔

Definitely underwhelmed by MoFi picking that Stevie Tay Vaughn album to be the next release to get the Step-One SuperVinyl treatment! It’s the second release by Stevie Ray Vaughn and i was hoping for a more bold/wow kinda pick! Like I was hoping for something like Bill Withers’ Still Bill!
There are a bunch of rumored picks coming up. Somethin Else by Canonball Adderley is the big one. The others aren’t entirely great IMO...Blood Sweat and Tears self-titled, Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years and ELO - El Dorado are supposedly in the works.

Ooooo I like the Blood Sweat & Tears pick though! I’m liking what I’m hearing! I think I’m definitely going to try and pick that one up! I can imagine really enjoying that release with it getting the One-Step treatment! 🙃

@Joe Mac - Do you like the band Blood Sweat & Tears!? 🤔

No idea who they are.

I'm desperately trying to locate a copy of Mingus up here in Canada. Seems most didn't make it North of the border...
So they just pressed the 2nd half of them and they were all presold to stores or preorders on the MoFi/Music Direct site. Hopefully you’ll be able to find one. It might be worth calling those stores in Toronto that usually get any MoFi in to see if you can reserve one (if you haven’t already thought to do that...)

So they just pressed the 2nd half of them and they were all presold to stores or preorders on the MoFi/Music Direct site. Hopefully you’ll be able to find one. It might be worth calling those stores in Toronto that usually get any MoFi in to see if you can reserve one (if you haven’t already thought to do that...)
Yep I called my local that stocks them normally, they ordered 6 and got zero in their last shipment. So I gotta keep calling. Hopefully they get a few and I can grab one. They wouldn't let me hold one.

Yep I called my local that stocks them normally, they ordered 6 and got zero in their last shipment. So I gotta keep calling. Hopefully they get a few and I can grab one. They wouldn't let me hold one.
From what ive heard from other MoFi vendors (The In Groove and Toad Hall seem like good sources for this info as they regularly post video updates about MoFi restocks and news) the last batch just started going out so stores should be seeing them soon. I’m sure it’ll be a delay to Canada but hopefully they get them in and you can grab one! I forget—do you have any of the other One Steps?

From what ive heard from other MoFi vendors (The In Groove and Toad Hall seem like good sources for this info as they regularly post video updates about MoFi restocks and news) the last batch just started going out so stores should be seeing them soon. I’m sure it’ll be a delay to Canada but hopefully they get them in and you can grab one! I forget—do you have any of the other One Steps?
I looked at ordering from the States but it's so much more expensive I can't do it. Including taxes up here regular price without shipping you're looking at $230, from US is same price but then there will be the FedEx duty and "brokerage fees" which can be stupid expensive. So no I don't have any other ones because I've been waiting for THE one for me and I've got 9 Mingus albums and while 7 of the 9 are Audiophile labels my "Ah Um" is the MOV remaster which they claim is AAA but I doubt it. It's quite good but I know it can be better and it's pretty much my favorite album of his. So this is the one I gotta get. I'm sure my store will get a few copies, the only question will be whether I can snag one. The shipping is such a mess right now, my other local isn't even ordering from Mofi at all due to it.

Last edited:
Really hope you get a copy of the Mingus @Mather! I’ve got one in my hands already and it’s superb! It’s also my favourite Mingus album! Like, you cannot miss out on this! I think it’s my favourite One-Step as well, along with the Thelonious Monk Monk’s Dream & Bill Evans Portrait In Jazz! But oh my, the Bob Dylan one is superb and the Marvin Gaye one is exquisite too!

Underwhelmed by upcoming MoFi One-Step releases though! At least it saves me some 🤑

I looked at ordering from the States but it's so much more expensive I can't do it. Including taxes up here regular price without shipping you're looking at $230. So no I don't have any other ones because I've been waiting for THE one for me and I've got 9 Mingus albums and while 7 of the 9 are Audiophile labels my "Ah Um" is the MOV remaster which they claim is AAA but I doubt it. It's quite good but I know it can be better and it's pretty much my favorite album of his. So this is the one I gotta get. I'm sure my store will get a few copies, the only question will be whether I can snag one. The shipping is such a mess right now, my other local isn't even ordering from Mofi at all due to it.
Yea—honestly I think the One Steps are worth it for albums you truly love and that’s about it. I’m sure this would be a big improvement over the MOV press. They are way too expensive for albums that I don’t love and I sort of made the mistake getting some that I won’t end up listening to a ton. Their resale value is quite good though and I may end up trading some that I have for other albums I like or trade one title for a different one eventually. Blood on the Tracks is the best sounding one I have. Monks Dream is solid. I have Yes but actually never opened it (it was an amazon buy 2 get 1 free deal that I planned to resell but the prices have only recently gone up after its been officially OOP). Marvin Gaye should hopefully be here soon too from a Facebook seller...

I’m getting nervous about mine not shipping from Acoustic Sounds still...tempted to order through Music Direct instead but don’t want to end up with 2 copies by accident hah

If you check your acoustic sounds orders page it should show as pending now or something like that. They have been showing it as in stock since sometime tonight. That's what I mean!

Earlier today I tried to use that ebay code to grab one but it didn't work on my account so I didn't complete that order. I had figured if I ended up with two T Rex would be an easy one to offload.

Edit: Partially Shipped is what it is now showing.

Back