Definitive Audiophile pressings

Okay homies...filling out some gaps in the collection. Anyone have any input on the best version of The Clash - Combat Rock?

From what I can tell my choices are down to an OG, the 2013 Chris Bellman Cut, or 2017 Re-mastered by Tim Young.

View attachment 94356

2013 Version

2017 Version
Combat Rock is the only one I don't have, but the other Clash represses all sound great. All of mine are 2013 editions.

MoFi back in stock soon:

MoFi back in stock soon:

Did they.... um... did they need more Yaz?

Why did they made a MoFi of that?
I think that's MoFi's official motto!

But to somewhat answer it, this was originally released on MoFi back in 2012 and comes back via repress every now and again. It was a silver label so it's cheaper and moves well usually. One of the two main members was in Depeche Mode and went on to form Erasure.

Also, it's a great early-80's synthpop album featuring Vince Clark who had just departed Depeche Mode and Alison Moyet on vocals. It includes two pretty big hits at the time: "Don't Go" and "Only You". It's well worthy of being in press and available. Much more than Vanilla Fudge and shit like that.

Also, it's a great early-80's synthpop album featuring Vince Clark who had just departed Depeche Mode and Alison Moyet on vocals. It includes two pretty big hits at the time: "Don't Go" and "Only You". It's well worthy of being in press and available. Much more than Vanilla Fudge and shit like that.

All I’m going to say is David Crosby one step. 🤦🏻 I could go on but I probably shouldn’t...

I just see it EVERYWHERE. That and the Evans and Hall "Undercurrent".

I just see it EVERYWHERE. That and the Evans and Hall "Undercurrent".

Yeah, they probably pressed a ton of it. It was huge on all the video shows at the time. It's biggest flaw is that it doesn't include the single "Situation" that was released concurrently.

I do have a dollar bin copy of the album, so there you go. But my copy sounds like garbage, so I'd definitely be tempted to upgrade.

I think that's MoFi's official motto!

But to somewhat answer it, this was originally released on MoFi back in 2012 and comes back via repress every now and again. It was a silver label so it's cheaper and moves well usually. One of the two main members was in Depeche Mode and went on to form Erasure.
And yet they won't repress the Echo and the Bunnymen or English Beat silver labels, which I would buy.

Back