Definitive Audiophile pressings

Probably an OG or last years individuals or the box set that they were originally mastered for.. Again like all stones it’s never going to be audiophile.
Thanks! Been eyeing the MoFi but think it’s too speedy for me. I’ll look into these others! I’m fine if it’s not “audiophile” just want what might be the best sounding one!

Thanks! Been eyeing the MoFi but think it’s too speedy for me. I’ll look into these others! I’m fine if it’s not “audiophile” just want what might be the best sounding one!

Yeah I have the 2010 which is a bit crap but equally it’s kinda not as concerning as some other artists, just turn it up and it’s still kinda fun.

After my haul yesterday from AS, I’m one step closer to joining the Boom Boom Century Club! At 99....what should be my 100th?!
Did you snag one of his Built to Spill cuts? If not, then I recommend Keep It Like a Secret, that album is perfect. Unless you like your epic twin guitar jams lengthier, then I suggest their preceding album, Perfect From Now On.

Did you snag one of his Built to Spill cuts? If not, then I recommend Keep It Like a Secret, that album is perfect. Unless you like your epic twin guitar jams lengthier, then I suggest their preceding album, Perfect From Now On.
I didn’t yet but those are on my streaming list of ones to check out!

I can attest to the praise for Perfect From Now On, easily my favorite record they put out, and the Grey cut is fantastic.

What'd you pick up?
Got a bunch in from the AS discogs!

Talking Heads - Remain in Light (boom boom)
Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues (bellers)
Donald Byrd - Parisian Thoroughfare (Sam Records)
Donald Fagen - Nightfly MoFi 33 (water damaged sleeve but NM vinyl so it was "cheap")
Beatles Abbey Road MoFi

Got a bunch in from the AS discogs!

Talking Heads - Remain in Light (boom boom)
Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues (bellers)
Donald Byrd - Parisian Thoroughfare (Sam Records)
Donald Fagen - Nightfly MoFi 33 (water damaged sleeve but NM vinyl so it was "cheap")
Beatles Abbey Road MoFi
Interestingly, that link you shared for the AS discogs store stopped working for me. And on the iOS app, I can't seem to figure out where to click to find their store.

How is the Remain in Light?
I'm a bit biased since it's a Kevin Gray Cut 💕, but I believe it's AAA x RTI pressing and cut at Acoustech and sounds awesome to me. It was only $20.

Anyone got opinions on recent pressings of Roxy Music's first 3 or 4 records? Looks like all the recent presses were Abbey Road 1/2 speeds, but all pressed at GZ. Before that, the last round (2009ish) were pressed at Rainbo. I might need to go for OGs instead.

The reissues with the oversized jackets? I have Avalon, Manifesto and Siren (so not directly pertaining to the first 3-4 records), but the mastering for those three is very good for what it is. Avalon and Siren are pretty much flawless but my copy of Manifesto has a fair bit of pops and clicks.

Last edited:
Back