Definitive Audiophile pressings

Has anyone compared the rhino hifi van Morrison to the 2020 KG cut?

Sorry if this is an old topic…. Didn’t want to dig back thru months of posts.

Is the 2020 KG from the same masters as the 2009 that was also repressed in 2015ish?

If so the hifi was better, but there’s definitely not an huge difference and I’m not sure if it was worth the extra spend.

Is the 2020 KG from the same masters as the 2009 that was also repressed in 2015ish?

If so the hifi was better, but there’s definitely not an huge difference and I’m not sure if it was worth the extra spend.
yes--i think the 2020 reused KG plates from an earlier cut. i liked the hifi better too plus a MUCH nicer jacket. but @Oldwhitelincoln11 if you like the 2020 KG cut probably don't need the hifi...

i'm still a bit surprised not many people seem to be talking about the Steven Wilson Moondance remix. I thought it was excellent.

Repress!
Fwiw, if you dig around discogs, the metal for this appears to date back to 1983, for a 1984 release. I have the 1984 release and really like it, as do the reviews on discogs. But some on discogs think the AP release that is being reissued is flat. Most really like the AP release.

I’m saying the original AP supposedly (and the runouts seem to confirm) uses the metal from 1983. So, if this is a reissue of that AP, I’m letting folks know this reissue might also be pressed from that metalwork.

This is the Discogs for the AP that is being reissued. See the description and comments. https://www.discogs.com/release/15175594-Ahmad-Jamal-Trio-Ahmad-Jamal-At-The-Pershing
Clicked your link and it turns out I already own the 83 pressing.

Haha, not today FOMO.

Fwiw, if you dig around discogs, the metal for this appears to date back to 1983, for a 1984 release. I have the 1984 release and really like it, as do the reviews on discogs. But some on discogs think the AP release that is being reissued is flat. Most really like the AP release.
Well the AP is the same price as the 1984 release now haha.

They had an used one during the 15% off sale that brought the price close to $600 but don’t think it was play graded so I held off

Back